Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Aerobars and hand numbness
Quote | Reply
All,

I recently got a pair of the new HED aerobars and I have to say that I really love them, except for one thing. Sometimes my hands go numb. I have never had this problem with any other aerobar and I am not sure why I am having it now. I feel like there is a slight high frequency vibration on not so good pavement and it eventually make my hands go numb. One of my friends said that I was probably putting to much pressure on a nerve in my arm. Any help of how I can eliminate this problem would be wonderful. Trying to eat gu's at Blackwater yesterday was really difficult when you can feel anything with your hands.

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Neal Dunn

P.S. Ride the bars with a ritchey stem and Reylonds OUZO AERO PRO fork. I have also risen the pads with visiontech risers.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars and hand numbness [Neal Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I changed to thicker, larger, pads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
All,

I recently got a pair of the new HED aerobars and I have to say that I really love them, except for one thing. Sometimes my hands go numb. I have never had this problem with any other aerobar and I am not sure why I am having it now. I feel like there is a slight high frequency vibration on not so good pavement and it eventually make my hands go numb. One of my friends said that I was probably putting to much pressure on a nerve in my arm. Any help of how I can eliminate this problem would be wonderful. Trying to eat gu's at Blackwater yesterday was really difficult when you can feel anything with your hands.

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Neal Dunn

P.S. Ride the bars with a ritchey stem and Reylonds OUZO AERO PRO fork. I have also risen the pads with visiontech risers.

are you riding in the aerobars or base bar when this is happening? I go on 70 milers in the aerobars with the HED without problems.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars and hand numbness [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am riding in the aerobars when this is happening. I have done a number of long rides 80+ in these and have had the problem each time. My present idea, which I will test today is to rotate the extensions to change the pressure on my forearm.

Any suggestions of other things to do if this doesn't work would be great.

Neal
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars and hand numbness [huffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get thicker pads?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most any replacement pad will do, choose the shape and thickness you like. As my other bikes have Syntac, I just went with those. Didn't bother to change the trough, just pads
http://www.cbike.com/syntace.htm#Syntace Replacement
Quote Reply