Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED 3's and Trek TT frames
Quote | Reply
I know there are some very knowledgeable people in this forum. Are there spacing issuses using this rear wheel with this frame? I know Tim DeBoom and a lot of the postal riders used this set-up. I was told that this combination is not recommended and that special spacers are needed. Is any of that true? I would rather ditch the frame and use HED3s on another frame if this is a hassle.

Another question: Does anybody has a good recommendation for a training clincher tire to ride as a training tire on this frame? The spacing is so tight between the stays, it seems impossible to fit a 23 mm.

Thanks,

Mark Bush
Quote Reply
Re: HED 3's and Trek TT frames [shrub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might also want to ask this question at Gordo's site. I believe he's racing a Trek TT at IM NZ.

http://www.byrn.org/gtips/gtips.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I'm not answering your question directly, I use the H3 in a OCLV frame sometimes. I've never had a problem. Unless the TT spacing is different I would guess it fine - but I don't really know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use a 700x20 clincher, and you should be fine.

I think the issue is that the TT's chainstay clearance is ridiculously tight, so if the wheel isn't perfectly centred then you'll run into problems. Nothing a spacer or 2 under the locknuts can't fix.

But the tire clearance issue was enough of a problem to make me look at a different frame, along with geometry, when I was in the market last year.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't answer the first question, but I seem to remember that John Cobb stated on this forum a while back that the frame was designed to be used with 19mm tires, so a 23mm clincher won't fit in the rear. You might want to post this question on his forum as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went down to the cellar last night and put the rear H3 into the my Trek ttt. Well, it is _difficult_ but it can be done.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Last edited by: Bavarian_Frank: Mar 4, 04 0:24
Quote Reply