Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. Thank you. Just one comment. Public really really effin hates random music in their youtube videos, especially when it's completely unnecessary or out of context like techno over a track meet? Everyone's music tastes differ. Editing a random music track into a video is going to cause 80% of people to mute their sound. Just like I did. It is a waste of time on your end, and frustration on ours.

I've always been meaning to tell this to YTbers. Assumed they'd eventually figure it out, but the practice keeps going on and on and on. Sigh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't listen to the hate Talbot, the music montages are amazing. I love every one of your videos and the Kona series along was worthy of some kind of award.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes 5 stars for sure. Gwen looks confident and is a beast
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta disagree with that N=1. I enjoy the music and think you made good choices. Same with Lagerstrom’s stuff. Maybe it is a generational thing - I grew up with MTV in the ‘80s. Dilbert, are you over or under 40?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great video. Keep'em coing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great stuff, Talbot. Thank you for sharing and please keep it up!

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert,

I appreciate the feedback. Do you have any recommendations on music or what you would like to hear? With cutting to a bunch of different clips audio would be a nightmare if I just let the natural audio play. What kind of music would you like to hear in the videos?
One of the main reasons I put the EDM music is because I messages daily of people watching my videos doing trainer workouts and treadmill runs.

Everyone,
To everyone else who liked the video. I really appreciate it. Nothing drives me more than yalls feedback on this stuff. I have about 400gb of footage that we shot over this last few weeks. Tons of epic videos, Announcements, workouts, Cooking, and Stretching videos to come. Let me know if you guys have anything else you would like to see. Comment on here or go comment on Gwens videos!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few things:

Anyone notice the all black outfit? I think she's a free agent. I didn't see anything officially Asics. Slow video made it easy to notice that she had covered the brand of her shoes (pro peloton style) or something new entirely. Looked like "She *something Run" brand.

Secondly, I loved the video. Loved it. I loved the music. Taking music recommendations might not be a good idea. They need to be able to license the music so just because I like Beastie Boys doesn't mean it'll make it into Gwen's next video. (Seriously, I really do like Beastie Boys. Come on, put some Beastie Boys into the background)

There was obviously a lot of time and attention put into making/editing this video. Really impressive. Way to go Talbotcoc! I'd love to see more of this style of video and I'll continue to follow your work. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Lastly, I'm a big Gwen fan and think moving to the marathon is a logical move when starting a family. She did better in this 5k than I would have ever expected. I hope to 'eat my words' but still don't think she has a shot at gold in the marathon at the Olympics. She needs to be able to drop a low 2:20 marathon to have a shot. Then she needs a lot of luck on the right day. Just making the team would be phenomenal. I think calling out the goal of "Winning Gold" was a mistake. And I'd say the same if it was Emily Infeld. I would love to be wrong and I think this performance in Seattle is one step in making me look like a jackass. Do people admit when they are wrong on internet forums?

Congrats Gwen. We're pulling for you to do amazing things!

YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Everyone,
To everyone else who liked the video. I really appreciate it. Nothing drives me more than yalls feedback on this stuff. I have about 400gb of footage that we shot over this last few weeks. Tons of epic videos, Announcements, workouts, Cooking, and Stretching videos to come. Let me know if you guys have anything else you would like to see. Comment on here or go comment on Gwens videos!

Very cool video. She is awesome. Thanks for posting it.

As for feedback - I'd just cut the music or make it quieter when there is actual words being spoken. As an example - it was a bit hard to hear the announcer in a few spots. That said - still a great video.
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [mlegrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking maybe she should do the 5k/10k thing for 2020 and then re-evaluate and consider the marathon for 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
love the all black kit she is wearing...

I don't know man, she lost by 0.12 sec and that was probably mostly due to her shorts and singlet flapping in the wind. She was running at around 12 mph and you know aero matters at ANY speed. Given this forum, i can't believe i'm the first to mention this. You guys are really falling down on the job.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice the all black outfit?//

The first thing I noticed and told Dan was that every single woman in that race looks like they were ready to do a triathlon, except Gwen. She was the only one wearing running shorts, and she was the only triathlete!! I know the style for women running has changed over the years, but I for one loved the throwback with the running shorts to the old days. Hope she keeps it up..
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

The first thing I noticed and told Dan was that every single woman in that race looks like they were ready to do a triathlon, except Gwen. She was the only one wearing running shorts, and she was the only triathlete!! I know the style for women running has changed over the years, but I for one loved the throwback with the running shorts to the old days. Hope she keeps it up..

i mentioned this on my story on this race. full kudos to monty, who pointed out what i would have missed.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the feedback. Do you have any recommendations on music or what you would like to hear?

It would be nice for a triathlon or running video to not have music at all. If there is sound of the racers, the crowd and/or the announcer, that would be more than enough.

Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
monty wrote:

i mentioned this on my story on this race. full kudos to monty, who pointed out what i would have missed.

Running at a 12 mph pace, do you not think she had an aero penalty from her shorts and singlet, of at least 0.2 sec or more over 3.1 miles??? I mean, you are the KING of aero so i find it hard to believe you would not agree.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: Feb 11, 18 16:05
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
I mean, you are the KING of aero so i find it hard to believe you would not agree....

slowman is not the king of aero

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Slowman wrote:
monty wrote:

In all seriousness, running at a 12 mph pace, do you not think she had an aero penalty from her shorts and singlet, of at least 0.2 sec or more over 3.1 miles??? I mean, you are the KING of aero so i find it hard to believe you would not agree.

ericMPro is right, i'm not the king of aero. and he isn't either. still, i'm confident in saying there is no aero penalty. if there were, i mean if there actually were, all these women would be running bald, there'd be no exposed shoelaces, the big sports watches would be gone, but most of all there'd be some very different running tactics employed.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Feb 11, 18 11:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness, running at a 12 mph pace, do you not think she had an aero penalty from her shorts and singlet, of at least 0.2 sec or more over 3.1 miles???//

Really, in all seriousness?? Did you see the race, she sat in for 98% of it and then sprinted the end. Do you not think that running is the same in cycling in that when you are in the draft not too much matters in relation to wind forces? If anything there is an argument that she had the least amount of wind resistance of anyone in that race, actually no argument, she did pull the lest amount of wind!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@ Dan,

Your article says 8 laps to the mile. Is that correct for U W's track?

Thanks for posting this article. Great read!

YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i took a guess. did they really stick a 400m track in there?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's 307m long...
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vdot calculator has a 2:24 based off 15:15 5K. Fast!

Of course my Vdot calculations translate to a 2:59 but i have never hit that....or come close!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Phil wrote:
It's 307m long...

that's an interesting distance. slightly more than 5 and a quarter laps to the mile. i'm sure it makes sense.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta agree. I think it's weird she said her stated goal was Olympic marathon gold. If she would have said making the team USA for the marathon that would have been one thing. A good goal. But to win the Olympic Marathon! Sorry it seems far fetched. Considering the US women hadn't even won their own, Boston for something like 30 years(??) until recently. But she even said we should think she's crazy until proven otherwise.

But I must say it will be a fun ride to watch her. What a story. And she is so darned likeable and down to earth. Plus baby! A sponsors gold mine. She's very attractive too although she doesn't seem to care about wearing the makeup and hair styling that many others do.
Last edited by: Pat0: Feb 11, 18 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen’s first race back - Husky 5k [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many people don’t seem to understand the mentality of top athletes. They have a completely different mindset, and there is no difference in their mind between what is possible for someone, and for them.
Cam Wurf is another example of this, he sees Frodo and immediately thinks yeah I’m gonna beat this guy. At the time it was an outrageous goal, but that is how they work!
The same way Jakob Ingebrigtsens goal is to break the wr even though he is far away today.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next