Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

World cup ski and cycle
Quote | Reply
Okay, had the fit done. World cup ski and cycle was great. Please see other post for pics and xy data. The fitter wants your feed back!!!!!! So do I. Hope Dan chime's in. Sorry if this post is redundant.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Oct 23, 16 5:30
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road bike or Tri bike?

My Retul road fit was a 3-4 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I should have given more info It is for a triathlon fit to find out what bike will fit me
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat (Triathlon) [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing I'd recommend is doing a 90min ride before the fit (shower up then head over). IME there are positions that feel fine for 5min on a fit bike when you're fresh that aren't comfortable at mile 45 in a 70.3 (let alone mile 80 in an IM). Having some fatigue going in helps identify this.

Expect ~3hrs. as the over/under, but a lot depends on what all needs adjustment. If your knees are tracking well, all the time to adjust/shim cleats may not be needed; for example.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat (Triathlon) [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brilliant, Titanflexr. Never heard, much less thought of that. Just effing brilliant!
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat (Triathlon) [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big thing with Guru fits is to make sure they give you Pad XY or detailed aerobar measurements (that will allow calculation of PXY)
Because their system doesn't capture that point automatically we see a lot of reports posted to the forum that are of limited use for determining tri bike fit.
So make sure you get actionable info.

Also, make sure they're using a motion capture system and can offer sound reasoning for why you are in the final position.
And finally, insist on photo/video of the final position
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat (Triathlon) [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Big thing with Guru fits is to make sure they give you Pad XY or detailed aerobar measurements (that will allow calculation of PXY)
Because their system doesn't capture that point automatically we see a lot of reports posted to the forum that are of limited use for determining tri bike fit.
So make sure you get actionable info.

Also, make sure they're using a motion capture system and can offer sound reasoning for why you are in the final position.
And finally, insist on photo/video of the final position

+1 before/after pics and/or video. Wear race gear.
+1 Pad XY--better than just stack/reach. Try and get the aerobar and stem used as well anyway. Redundancy is a good thing here.

Also, I would encourage you to try a couple saddles at the beginning, unless you are 100% positive yours is the perfect one. So many shitty positions are due to a poor saddle choice.

If at all possible, do the same with aerobars, but I think that's less critical.

And finally, read through some of Dan's stuff. I liked the one on Maik Twielsiek a few years back.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...8593#f12e88fcf7db4b6
Dan's written more stuff what to expect in a bike fit too. Good luck, and I hope it's a positive experience. -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am curious on Slowman's thoughts about this, so I may have to start a separate thread...

I think there could be a fundamental problem in the philosophy of how fits are conducted that could yield poor outcomes. Maybe this is isolated to individual fitters, but I suspect that it could be more pervasive. I rode and bought a tri bike for the first time earlier this year. I did a fit with a fitter who was highly regarded in my area and bought a bike from that LBS. Most of the process, the fitter was asking something like "what is more comfortable, this position or that position" as he varied different dimensions. The problem is that I had no prior position exposure, so what may have been comfortable in that first fit may not have been the right position for me after I started riding. So, in my case, I ended up with pads too high, bars to close, and I am not sure about seat position. Fortunately, it was correctable within my frame size.

A friend went through a similar process, but in his case, he left the store with a road bike that was probably one or maybe two sizes too small. After six months of riding, it is clear everything is wrong, and it is not fixable.

So, as a consumer, you cannot fully outsource the fit and bike selection to the fitter. You have to go in educated and aware. When you are evaluating "is this comfortable," maybe you should ask "is there another better position that will become comfortable as I log some miles."

Personally, I think "is this more comfortable" is a very poor question that fitters should be banned from asking. Instead, maybe they should put us in an aggressive, ideal position, and evaluate from there. That could be an optimum baseline performance position. They could ask "do you think you could get comfortable in this position?" Then, what if they worked away from that position until they found a position that was comfortable. Then, if the fitter compared the differences between the two and see if both positions are achievable on the same bike. If so, great. If not, then let the bike buyer know and allow the bike buyer to make a decision based on where he might be and where he might eventually end up.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat (Triathlon) [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

Personally, I think "is this more comfortable" is a very poor question that fitters should be banned from asking. Instead, maybe they should put us in an aggressive, ideal position, and evaluate from there. That could be an optimum baseline performance position. They could ask "do you think you could get comfortable in this position?" Then, what if they worked away from that position until they found a position that was comfortable. Then, if the fitter compared the differences between the two and see if both positions are achievable on the same bike. If so, great. If not, then let the bike buyer know and allow the bike buyer to make a decision based on where he might be and where he might eventually end up.

+1 I went through this process and so did my dad when we got a "fit" it was trial and error and a thousand miles to really figure out what works for each of us, mine luckily was my same frame size, not for him though
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit this sat (Triathlon) [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for everyone's feedback I will be sure to get the information everyone said I should receive. Saturday evening or Sunday morning I hope to be able to post All the information Stack and reach as Well All the XY information. Hopefully they can provide pictures but if not I will take my cell phone And you guys can critique the hell out of it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply