Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gulf Coast 2015
Quote | Reply
Who’s in for Gulf Coast next weekend? When are you guys heading down and where are you staying? For those of you that have raced at the new site is there anything we need to know? I haven’t done this race in 10 plus years but looking forward to partying it up at Spinnakers and La Vela afterwards!
Quote Reply
Re: Gulf Coast 2015 [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in heading down thursday midday. 6 hour drive. staying at the Hampton 3 miles away from start. My first time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! My first GCT! Headed down Thursday. Anyone going to get a swim in Friday?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang I think you guys are in for one of those years known as Gulf Roast. It's so freaky hot already this year. Have a good day out there! My fav race ever.
Quote Reply
Re: Gulf Coast 2015 [heath_82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're heading down Friday. Staying at Edgewater for the convenience. Only 700 participants signed up...I guess that just means more beer for the rest of us.
Quote Reply
Re: Gulf Coast 2015 [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not too bad down here yet, probably won't even hit the 80s until 1:30/2:00pm.

They've got a sprint race going on during the bike of the 70.3 this year, mass start once the last swimmer clears T1. I'm going to race it then grab some beer to sit and watch the run.

Abell
Quote Reply
Re: Gulf Coast 2015 [heath_82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am swimming Friday and possibly Thursday if I can. I hear there will be ppl just show up and swim
Quote Reply
Re: Gulf Coast 2015 [abell103] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abell103 wrote:
It's not too bad down here yet, probably won't even hit the 80s until 1:30/2:00pm.

They've got a sprint race going on during the bike of the 70.3 this year, mass start once the last swimmer clears T1. I'm going to race it then grab some beer to sit and watch the run.

Oh wow I figured it would be hop up there too! I'm in Tampa and we have been roasting for a month already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Abell. How is the water temp? Does it look like a wetsuit year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm in, first Half in 8 years
leaving friday early
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was 75 today, but it's warming up over the week. I'd bring it... All depends on where they measure.

Abell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it all just depends on where you measure. According to NDBC it's 72.5 degrees.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/...ge.php?station=pcbf1

Air temp should be 70 to 85. 85 early in the year is hot.
Last edited by: Herbie Hancock: May 7, 15 6:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good point, I was measuring a bit over to the east in Pensacola. PCB is showing pretty consistent 75s for the morning lately though so it should be good to go. I'm honestly surprised at how quickly the mid-day high has been climbing this week though. Luckily my race will be over before it breaks mid-70s per the forecast, but I'm still thinking it shouldn't get to 85 until 1-2pm if it even does.

Abell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd agree with Alex. Granted take it with a grain of slat as I live in FL and things can change in a day. The humidity and roasting heat really haven't hit here yet. I did a 9 mile run the other day at 4pm and it wasn't terrible. Give it a month and I would never run at that time of day. Hopefully won't be too bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope everyone has a great race down there in PCB. I did the race last year and it was great weather the day before and the day after but on race day it was bad enough to cancel the swim. Same thing happened in November for IMFL and the only other Gulf swim I've done was St. Anthony's where the swim was shortened due to weather, so I am .5 for 3 for the swim down there on the Gulf.
Quote Reply