Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guilty Plea in Cyclists Death
Quote | Reply
I believe the victim worked at Jax Bikes in Orange County, Ca. I hope this signals a change in the sentencing of drivers who kill us. At least it will save the family the trauma of a trial.

http://mynewsla.com/...e_editors_picks=true

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Guilty Plea in Cyclists Death [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone is a loser

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a lot of us in the OC area Santiago Canyon is go to ride. I pass that spot and always give a head nod out of respect...I'm also aware it could of been me. I was wondering what happened with this case. Sad for all involved and tragic for the cyclist.

Gary thanks for posting.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary Mc wrote:
I believe the victim worked at Jax Bikes in Orange County, Ca. I hope this signals a change in the sentencing of drivers who kill us. At least it will save the family the trauma of a trial.

as would i, though sentences have typically been higher for drivers who kill while impaired. drivers who kill cyclists (or pedestrians/runners/etc) but stay at the scene and say things like 'i didn't see them' or 'i didn't mean to' tend to be the ones who get the infuriatingly light sentences.
Quote Reply
Re: Guilty Plea in Cyclists Death [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to remember he worked at the Irvine Jax location.
That is a very long sentence for killing a cyclist in CA.
Seems most get probation and DUI involved get 1-3 years or so.
I think the math instead of booze probably played a factor. Also, the fleeing and trying to take stuff out of her car, probably gonna ditch the car and try to claim it was stolen.
I hope 11 years feels like a million to her. If she even serves all of it.
Quote Reply