Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Group rides in Sonora, CA
Quote | Reply
Will be up in the area for about 2 weeks. Anyone know of some solid group rides or epic routes in that region?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Group rides in Sonora, CA [bigringking9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be up that way from 15-21 Sept. I trained up the hill in Mi-Wuk for 1.5 weeks back in June. It is a great place to train in my opinion. Was living up at 5K ft and coming down to Sonora to swim.

Some good routes:

- Ride up 108 past Strawberry and take a left and go down to Beardsley Lake (10mi decent) then climb back out.
- Ride from Sonora out past Lake Don Pedro, up to Coulterville, across priest coulterville road back down new priest grade. You can do it in reverse as well, can climb up Old Priest Grade 1.9 mi / avg 14%.
- Can't really go wrong with climbing from Sonora up 108 for continuous hours. Road gets a little tight in some places but great roads otherwise.

Let me know if you are going to be up there while I am in town and we could possibly meet up for a ride. Sorry I don't know anything about the group rides up there, if you want to go down to Oakdale or Turlock there are some good rides out of there throughout the week.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply