Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Group Ride Insurance
Quote | Reply
Last year I organized a Wed. Night Beer ride in our Ontario town for a few friends. Basically, I sent out a weekly email, with a route on Strava, starting and ending at my house. Beers on the back deck afterward. Some but not of the riders are members of a local OCA recognized club. Started with about 6 people on the email list and ended the season with about 12 as word spread. The ride was very low key with the objective that all would ride to the weakest riders ability.

I have been approached by the local club (neighbouring town) president to consider extending the invitation to the club membership with the caveat that all riders would have to be club members and therefore the ride would be covered by the club's insurance. They don't want to change the format and would like me to still be the organizer.

Looking for feedback about the insurance piece. Am I at risk as the organizer from an insurance perspective if we don't link up with the local club. Also concerned that the ride might get too big to host and turn away a few that just want a friendly group ride without needing to join the club.
Quote Reply