Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Groin/Inguinal Ligament Injury --> HELP?!
Quote | Reply
At a Dodgers game two weekends ago I went to catch a foul ball for my 4yr old son, slipped on a plastic cup on wet concrete, and heard a tearing sound I never want to hear again (BTW I caught the ball and my son is still thanking me :). My groin/inner left leg from just above my knee all the way up to my pelvis is a combination of black/blue/red/yellow now. The most acute pain is at the top of the inguinal ligament, but it's tender all throughout my left groin area. :(

Two days after the accident I went to my awesome PT who checked it out and said nothing was ruptured, but that I really did a number on it. She gave me a series of light stretching exercises to do twice a day along with an icing routine which I've been doing for the past week. I did a very easy 1/4 mile swim last week but it was painful as even minor leg movements hurt. A week after, I tried to run and couldn't make it 100m before I had to stop. Also rode the trainer for 30min easy which didn't hurt at the time, but had some significant swelling and pain the next day so haven't tried it again.

Soooo, looking for advice on what else (if anything?) I can do to keep some fitness and expedite the healing. Would also be curious to hear what others have seen from a recovery timeline? I was supposed to do June Lake Half in 11 days, but at this point don't think that's remotely possible. Next A race is IMAZ.

Thanks ST!
Quote Reply
Re: Groin/Inguinal Ligament Injury --> HELP?! [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch! Proof that triathletes should stick to sports that only involve movement in one direction /pink

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Groin/Inguinal Ligament Injury --> HELP?! [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Ouch! Proof that triathletes should stick to sports that only involve movement in one direction /pink

Indeed!
Quote Reply