Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gravel Tires
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a set of Gravel tires for my Trek Crockett Disc frame.

I am leaning toward the Specialized Trigger for a good all-a-rounder.

Any other suggestions....before I pull the...trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Tires [RollHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are going to run strictly gravel and not do singletrack/cyclocross, take a look at the Panaracer Gravelking. The 40s can be set up tubeless, but the 35s roll great with tubes. Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered the Clement USH tires with the intention that they be an all around set for commuting to training to gravel. Have only heard good things about them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.continental-tires.com/bicycle/tyres/city-trekking-tyres/travel-contact[/url]

Everyone out of my LBS use these travel contacts. They are indestructible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you first want to determine two things: Do you want tread or a slick, and second, do you want tubeless or not. This will narrow down your search quite a bit.

I've personally found no tread to be best in almost all of the conditions I've encountered with at least 35mm of volume and tubeless.

I have WTB Riddlers on my Warbird. I like them alot. 37s.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Tires [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something like the Compass Jon Bon Pass that's a 700x35 tire and is tubeless compatible may be a great all a rounder. I'm thinking of using it for this years Almanzo 100 in May.

Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Tires [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boostedcvc wrote:
Something like the Compass Jon Bon Pass that's a 700x35 tire and is tubeless compatible may be a great all a rounder. I'm thinking of using it for this years Almanzo 100 in May.
That's actually one of my go to race tires for gravel. Awesome tire

There are several good options but a lot depends on whether you will be also riding on considerable amounts of pavement or primarily off road.

Some to consider; Maxxis refuse 40, Clement Strada USH, Clement Xplor MSO, and Schwalbe G-one. I have tried these and had good experiences.

Some I haven't tried but are considering: Teravail Cannonball, Panaracer GravelKing, Hutchinson Override, and Maxxis Rambler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been impressed with the Kenda Happy Mediums. The minimal file tread does surprisingly well in some some messy conditions and still rolls OK on asphalt.

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Tires [zo541] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zo541 wrote:
There are several good options but a lot depends on whether you will be also riding on considerable amounts of pavement or primarily off road.

Some to consider; Maxxis refuse 40, Clement Strada USH, Clement Xplor MSO, and Schwalbe G-one. I have tried these and had good experiences.

Some I haven't tried but are considering: Teravail Cannonball, Panaracer GravelKing, Hutchinson Override, and Maxxis Rambler.

I wish the xplor mso was tubeless, but not enough to actually bother spending money to swap it out(came stock on the bike).
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Tires [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running WTB Riddler 37's on my Wolverine (tubeless) and they're great. Before that I used WTB Small Block 8's with good results.

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Tires [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:

I wish the xplor mso was tubeless, but not enough to actually bother spending money to swap it out(came stock on the bike).

They have a tubeless version. At least in the 36 width. I have them mounted up right now.
Quote Reply