Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Got a Polar .gpx file onto Strava!
Quote | Reply
In case anyone cares....you can now (or maybe you always could, I don't know...I just figured this out) upload a workout from your Polar GPS device (in this case, my RC3 GPS) to Strava using "Export GPX" at the bottom of the page when viewing a specific training event. Using this will send the data to "downloads," where you can then select it with Strava and upload it.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Very cool !!

Re: Got a Polar .gpx file onto Strava! [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your Polar RC3, RCX5 GPS, and the RCX3 GPS allow you to export the .hrm and the.gpx files for use with 3rd party software/downloads via the Websync. Hope your enjoying the upgraded altimeter features on PPT.com
Quote Reply
Re: Got a Polar .gpx file onto Strava! [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the new features, great work! Looks like now I need a Strava account...
Quote Reply
Re: Got a Polar .gpx file onto Strava! [Wert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys. Just been given the RC3 GPS and I'm struggling to do what appears to be so easy to all of you in the forum. When in a 'Training Result' (not Training Event as mentioned in one of the previous posts) there is a button that I can click on that says 'Export Training' (again not as stated in the previous posts in the forum which said that the button was 'Export GPX').Having clicked on the export button I can see that the data is not .GPX but .XML instead.

Evenso I can export it and I can then find the data when in Strava as I can locate it via the browse function when in the 'Upload from File' section, but when I do this it tells me that its Bad Data. Help.

So, does anyone have any thoughts ?When I have the data in downloads, do I have to convert there to .GPX format?

Hope you can help ...

Neil
Quote Reply
Re: Got a Polar .gpx file onto Strava! [Neil Tunbridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will take a look when I get home from work to see exactly how I did it. Haven't bothered exporting runs to Strava in a while.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Hi Neil
Here is a step by step guide, I will use the correct listing of words
  1. With Websync, do not synchronize, but use the Training Computer option
  2. You should see your Sports Profiles listed, and on the left side you will see, Sports Profiles, User, Device and Training Data
  3. Click on Training Data which will read the files on your watch
  4. Create a folder on your desktop labeled RC3 files
  5. Select a training file which automatically brings the .HRM and the .GPX files
  6. Open folder on your desktop labeled RC3
  7. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I'm not sure exactly what version of Polar Personal Trainer I'm running (I think it's the latest), but when I'm viewing a Training Result, underneath the map the buttons from left to right are:
delete, copy, add to favorites, export GPX, and export training. That was what I was referring to when I posted above. Are you running the latest version of PPT?

Spot

Quote | Reply
Hi Spot
Your way is correct as well and probably a lot easier for moving one file over to Strava, my way might be easier for one bulk download of .GPX files, both get the job done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Guys - much appreciated. Let me try and get some miles in my legs this weekend and I'll try again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wayne, do you know if there's ever going to be a fix that adjusts the timestamps on the G5 GPS so that they're the same as the time zone on the RCX5 watch? This makes tying the two files together for upload to TP a lot less hassle.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Wayne

Worked like a dream - thanks for the help.

Neil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad it worked, good luck with KOM attempts :). Dave... Right now I believe it is time stamped GMT but you could search our global forum to see if it has been suggested or post it yourself.
http://forum.polar.fi/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will I see my HR on Strava after upload or only the GPS data ?
Quote Reply
Re: Got a Polar .gpx file onto Strava! [arnonsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked, and it appears it's just the GPS file...there isn't any heart rate associated with it.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Thanks,
So to conclude there's no easy way to use Polar and update activity to Strave with HR data )-:
I've tried some Java script I've found on the web that combines the two Polar files into one, but Strava rejected this file after upload.
Polar put the GPS into the watch but internally it's still two separate machines...
Arnon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a Garmin :)
Sold my last polar 2 years ago and transitioned to Garmin. Never looked back :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Download XML and GPX from the Polar Personal Trainer website and convert both files to a TCX using the following tool: http://tcxtools.com/polar . Thereafter, upload the TCX to Strava. Also works for merging Polar heart-rate date with GPX-files obtained from other GPS recording devices (such as Strava itself).
Quote Reply
Re: Got a Polar .gpx file onto Strava! [igoethal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

This website: http://polartostrava.homelinux.org might be what you're looking for. It creates activities in strava according to the exercises from polarpersonaltrainer.com. It seems that HR data are transfered along with the gpx data.
Quote Reply