Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ?
Quote | Reply
I see that Gordon Ramsay DNF'd
Anyone how what happened ?

Sean Astin finished in 15:30 .. Well done for a celeb.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone effed up the scallops. Again.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [BionicTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha, All I know is he looks like a pig donkey on the bike

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody told me he saw him pull up at about mile 2 on the run with a calf/hamstring problem and walk off the course. I was actually sitting next to him in T2, much nicer guy than his TV persona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean Astin finished in 15:30 .. Well done for a celeb.

In Kona 15:30 is a little too well done, Some would say it's charred.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He didn't compete last year after qualifying.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [rchemsley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rchemsley wrote:
He didn't compete last year after being offered a spot on the pier.

Fixed that for you.

From memory, he's been offered a spot three times. 2013 he completed; 2014 he accepted but pulled out due to injury; and this year he accepted but DNF'd. He's never qualified.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
rchemsley wrote:

Fixed that for you.

From memory, he's been offered a spot three times. 2013 he completed; 2014 he accepted but pulled out due to injury; and this year he accepted but DNF'd. He's never qualified.

If he did find a race to qualify at a lot of people would love to find out where, when and how to sign up.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Oct 11, 15 20:41
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
rchemsley wrote:

Fixed that for you.

If he did find a race to qualify a lot of people would love to find out where, when and how to sign up.

Exactly. Qualified either through KQ at a race or by virtue of (twelve & in) legacy is different to being offered a spot by WTC for whatever reason.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Somebody told me he saw him pull up at about mile 2 on the run with a calf/hamstring problem and walk off the course.

Reportedly just before he stepped off the course he yelled, "I'm shutting it down!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He posted on Facebook that he was throwing up on the bike and couldn't keep any nutrition down. Wants to go back.

He's raising money for charity - Great Ormond Street Hospital I think, so who cares if he qualified or not. WTC invite him and it's their race.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So he overcooked the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
Hahahaha, All I know is he looks like a pig donkey on the bike

A bit unfair, i think.
His position looked OK for an older guy, starting triathlon a bit later in life. It seemed to be set up around staying on the aerobars for the full 180km.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Somebody told me he saw him pull up at about mile 2 on the run with a calf/hamstring problem and walk off the course. I was actually sitting next to him in T2, much nicer guy than his TV persona.
Whenever he goes on chat shows he is indeed completely different to his angry persona made for TV. IMO there is a question mark over celebrities biting off more than they can chew. The fact it's for charity is irrelevant - it doesnt stop him doing something more manageable.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Whenever he goes on chat shows he is indeed completely different to his angry persona made for TV. IMO there is a question mark over celebrities biting off more than they can chew. The fact it's for charity is irrelevant - it doesnt stop him doing something more manageable.

He´s finished IM Kona before, I believe, so that´s not strictly fair either.

Blimey, I´m stopping now, I sound like a GR fan boy. I am a fan of his venison wellington recipe - bloody delicious.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed seeing an article that stated how "Sean Astin qualified as a celebrity entrant.." or some such shite. Does that mean he only qualified based on his performance in Rudy or the Lord of the Rings trilogy? I'd give him a slot from his role in '50 First Dates', if anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [cyfac06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyfac06 wrote:
I laughed seeing an article that stated how "Sean Astin qualified as a celebrity entrant.." or some such shite. Does that mean he only qualified based on his performance in Rudy or the Lord of the Rings trilogy? I'd give him a slot from his role in '50 First Dates', if anything.

So my question is did Sean use steroids to prepare for his role in 50 first dates? & if so, does that warrant a lifelong ban?
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
cyfac06 wrote:

So my question is did Sean use steroids to prepare for his role in 50 first dates? & if so, does that warrant a lifelong ban?

Good question. I also wonder if his asthma flared up like it did in Goonies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad he raised $ for a good charity.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He could have had a legitimate TUE for asthma medication.

If he was on PEDs for 50 first dates, I'd be wanting a refund if I were him.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharkbait_au wrote:

I can't be the only one laughing at this
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [BionicTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BionicTri wrote:
Someone effed up the scallops. Again.

I've read this post a few times and I can't stop laughing. Well done.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
He posted on Facebook that he was throwing up on the bike and couldn't keep any nutrition down. Wants to go back.

He's raising money for charity - Great Ormond Street Hospital I think, so who cares if he qualified or not. WTC invite him and it's their race.

Glad he raised money for a charity. Do it somewhere else and give the Kona slot to somebody who deserves to be there.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
sharkbait_au wrote:

I can't be the only one laughing at this

I'm laughing, too. Subtle, but brilliant!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:

I noticed a big difference between his UK shows and his US shows. His UK shows he is much tamer and seems to play it up more on the US versions.
Quote Reply

Prev Next