Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good ol Florida...
Quote | Reply
On top of the sharks, snakes, alligators, swamp creatures, Miami, stingrays, jellyfish, and the like....it is hotter than sin. A 1.1 mph wind? haha humidity was 68% as well.

Fun run in "feels like 99"...wheww

Quote Reply
Re: Good ol Florida... [ou8acracker2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya but you know you'll love it Nov to April. Besides, once you get covered in sweat, at about oh 15 min into your run, you'll feel cool. I grew up in Charleston, SC, so the heat/humidity has never bothered me:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Good ol Florida... [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Ya but you know you'll love it Nov to April. Besides, once you get covered in sweat, at about oh 15 min into your run, you'll feel cool. I grew up in Charleston, SC, so the heat/humidity has never bothered me:)

Solid point - hot races never seem to bother me as much as some other people I see. Maybe why the Australians are so good at Kona?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep! Generally miserable in Freakville. And the accuracy of local weather forecasters is abysmal. (Suffering the curse of the white jersey)....

http://www.maggieroses.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It got close to 100F at IMMT this year. Not unique to Florida
Quote Reply
Re: Good ol Florida... [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm from S Florida and I did MT this year. Trust me, if that race happened on the same day in Miami the DNF rate would have been sky high ;) this time of year the temperature at noon is between 90-95 and 80% humidity. Sun goes down and you think it's going to cool down, not a chance... humidity hits 90%. You think that mornings are cool and comfortable, no way... Day starts at 80F and 100%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Trade ya.
Last edited by: SusanH: Sep 5, 15 14:40
Quote Reply
Re: Good ol Florida... [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SusanH wrote:

Trade ya.

Whew! That is hot haha

and also; never said it was unique to Florida. I worked out west on a drill rig for a month one time and it got 110+ during the day. Kicker is - I am not used to dry heat so I did not know how dehydrated I got during the day - as where in Florida I would know based off how much sweating I did. Racing out west for me would be very dangerous due to the quick evaporation of sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are ready for a break!

Rain was forecasted for the end of our 5 hr ride yesterday and we were giddy over the possibility of a refreshing shower. It didn't materialize, neither did the cloud cover. We were some grumpy, unhappy characters. Just a few more weeks and we'll get our first fall weather. October is fabulous around here.
Last edited by: SusanH: Sep 6, 15 4:49
Quote Reply