Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work?
Quote | Reply
Gonna try Traineroad/sufferfest this winter. Currently have Kurt Kinetic rock n roll trainer. Picking up Stages or 4iiii powermeter. Can I run all this stuff with a iPad? Think I may need the Wahoo Key to do it.
Thanks
Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work? [Fat_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their iOS app is in beta, need to wait for that to come out
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work? [Fat_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fat_Ironman wrote:
Gonna try Traineroad/sufferfest this winter. Currently have Kurt Kinetic rock n roll trainer. Picking up Stages or 4iiii powermeter. Can I run all this stuff with a iPad? Think I may need the Wahoo Key to do it.
Thanks
Bryan

You only need the Wahoo key if you're using any ANT+ sensors. Depending on your iPad, you should be able to talk to the Stages over BT 4.0. ***Edit: The 3rd Gen iPad or an iPhone 4s or newer will have BT4, otherwise you'd have to use the Wahoo key.

Easy way to tell is if you have the smaller Lightning charger, or the original bigger 30 pin connector.

This past winter I ran the Stages on. Kurt Kinetic and had used my laptop with BT4 to integrate with the Stages. Make sense?

-Alex

Last edited by: bostonalex: Sep 21, 14 1:49
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work? [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything makes sense.

I would need the key since it's a older iPad. But would I better off using a windows tablet or netbook?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might be, I guess it all depends on what kind of hardware you have today. For example if you had a Windows tablet or a netbook with Bluetooth 4.0, then you'd be all set to talk to the Stages. If you already have a Garmin watch with an ANT+ adapter, and you could plug that into the netbook, you wouldn't need to worry about Bluetooth.

Also keep in mind that the iOS app for Trainier Road isn't out yet...

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work? [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought 3rd generation iPad had Bluetooth 4 also

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work? [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work? [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
I thought 3rd generation iPad had Bluetooth 4 also

Yep, forgot about that one.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
would I better off using a windows tablet or netbook?

Yes.

Quote Reply
Re: Gonna go Traineroad w/sufferfest this winter. Will this setup work? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the help. Been a MAC guy so long, when checking out laptops with windows, wasn't liking it. Picked up a refurb Macbook with 2.4ghz and 4gb, less than $300. Should be all set for winter.
Running following:
2009 macbook
Stages Power meter
Garmin ANT stick
Bontrager duotrap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have iPad2 and updated to iOS 8.x you won't be doing anything because the new iOS renders the Ipad 2 almost worthless. Apples recommendation to me (and all others) was to update to a new ipad since the new iOS is not designed for iPad 2. Thus I'm suppose to spend more money to accomodate Apple's incompetence. That's stupid. Especially given how stale the iPad line is. They are so far behind the competition yet no significant update coming until 2015.

Yes I'm bitter about this. Especially since my beta TR no longer works.