Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Golden Cheetah question re: data
Quote | Reply
I know there was a question about this recently, but I did a quick search through the posts and didn't find it. So . . . I'm asking it again:

I just downloaded Golden Cheetah to give it a try. I like the format and the information available and was even able to convert over the last 2 1/2 years of power data I have in WKO+ 3.0. Here's my question, though: Is there a way to get Golden Cheetah to provide some of the same data that WKO+ has, like TSS, IF, and VI calculations? Does Golden Cheetah have those built in, and if not, can I set it up to do those calculations (and spit them out) for me? (admittedly, I haven't really read the help files/documentation yet. Just wondering if it's possible).

Thanks.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah question re: data [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TSS, IF and VI are based on normalized power created by Andy Coggan. Golden Cheetah uses the metrics created by Phil Skiba. Bikescore (TSS), Relative Intensity RI (IF) and Skiba VI. These are based on a 25 second exponential weighted moving average.
Last edited by: yawg: Apr 29, 11 14:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GC calculates most of the same data as WKO+, but calls it something different. Also, I think the algorithms are slightly different for copyright reasons, but the numbers are close.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but translating WKO+ => GC:-
TSS => BikeScore
IF => Relative Intensity
NP => xPower
VI => XPower/Average_power
CTL => LTS
ATL => STS
TSB => SB

Is this any help?

No Compromise
No Excuses
No Limits
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah question re: data [yawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yawg wrote:
TSS, IF and VI are based on normalized power created by Andy Coggan. Golden Cheetah uses the metrics created by Phil Skiba. Bikescore (TSS), Relative Intensity RI (IF) and Skiba VI. These are based on a 25 second exponential weighted moving average.

Interesting. Thanks for the education.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah question re: data [raltechman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raltechman wrote:
GC calculates most of the same data as WKO+, but calls it something different. Also, I think the algorithms are slightly different for copyright reasons, but the numbers are close.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but translating WKO+ => GC:-
TSS => BikeScore
IF => Relative Intensity
NP => xPower
VI => XPower/Average_power
CTL => LTS
ATL => STS
TSB => SB

Is this any help?

Very much. Thanks!

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
I know there was a question about this recently, but I did a quick search through the posts and didn't find it. So . . . I'm asking it again:

I just downloaded Golden Cheetah to give it a try. I like the format and the information available and was even able to convert over the last 2 1/2 years of power data I have in WKO+ 3.0. Here's my question, though: Is there a way to get Golden Cheetah to provide some of the same data that WKO+ has, like TSS, IF, and VI calculations? Does Golden Cheetah have those built in, and if not, can I set it up to do those calculations (and spit them out) for me? (admittedly, I haven't really read the help files/documentation yet. Just wondering if it's possible).

Thanks.

Danno,

There is a Beta version of GC that does provide the Coggan metrics. I've used it and it works fine. It should be released pretty soon,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply