Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GoPro in the pool
Quote | Reply
Thinking about getting some swimming shots in the lap pool with my GoPro. How do you put it in the bottom of the pool without it falling on its side or sliding around? Any good setup ideas? Seems like whenever I or somebody else would swim pass that it would move quite a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro in the pool [TexanTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use the chest strap to tie it to a brick?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexanTriathlete wrote:
Thinking about getting some swimming shots in the lap pool with my GoPro. How do you put it in the bottom of the pool without it falling on its side or sliding around? Any good setup ideas? Seems like whenever I or somebody else would swim pass that it would move quite a bit.

A cheap tripod does the trick but you could also buy an expensive underwater tripod too :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd screw or superglue a mount to a flat metal plate. Scrap steel or maybe a 5lb plate for a barbell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the roll bar mount and wrapped it around a 5lb weight.

Jeremiah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to put mine in the heel of my swim fins. It would sit nicely on the bottom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to tape mine to a long rod using ducttape, and then a friend of walked along the pool in front of me, with the rod underwater. So you need another person but you get some really nice shots!
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro in the pool [Timmetje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to have a coach who put his camera on a kick board and would swim in front, behind, and to the side. great 360 view of my so-called swimming stroke. I always found it useful to mount on the wall so I could assess my kick turns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kept the square plastic plate that the GoPro was attached to in the box. Clip the camera to that plate, drop it to the bottom of the pool and anchor it in place with a small bean bag. Works like a charm. For side and front shots, I use the suction cup mount and stick the camera to side or end of the pool.

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the suction cup attachment and stuck it on the bottom. The problem i had was the pool was so dark the images weren't the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just drop mine to the bottom of the pool at the end of the lane in the shallow end and angle it up slightly. Didn't need any accessories or modifications. Doesn't move one bit.

Quote | Reply
I built this for about $8 at home depot

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the jaws flex clamp. Can clamp it to pretty much anything, so gives a lot of options for mobile or stationary setups.
http://gopro.com/...unts/jaws-flex-clamp

RG
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro in the pool [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
TexanTriathlete wrote:

A cheap tripod does the trick but you could also buy an expensive underwater tripod too :)

I've done that. I like the suction cup idea, that would fit in a swim bag better and less "triathlete junk" littering the lane end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the suction cup mount. But the pool I use has metal walls and floor so it sticks flawlessly. I could see this not working so well in a concrete pool
Quote Reply