Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GoPro HD Camera Bike Mount Options?
Quote | Reply
I just got a GoPro HD camera and have been using is skiing a lot and love it. Mostly with the helmet headstrap mount and the chest mount. I got the handlebar mount for my bike but unfortunately it's for a round tube and I ride a Cervelo and there are barely any round tubes on my bike! The handlebars are a few millimeters too wide as well. I've seen some videos online and some of the coolest are with the camera mounted to the seat post but mine is flat/aero so this mount definitely won't work. I dont' really want to wear the headstrap on my bike helmet.

What kind of setup has anyone used on their bikes with this camera? Anyone found a workaround for this problem on some of the bikes with a slimmer/more aero profile? Itching to take some video on my rides

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro HD Camera Bike Mount Options? [sparkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got one for Christmas,i have used it on the stem(most are round) I used the helmet strap and mounted it in the front of a aero helmet,and mounted it on a small piece of tubing that bridges between my aerobar extensions
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should get one soon and can't wait. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a tri bike or road bike?

On a tri bike I found mounting it inverted on the aerobars actually works pretty well. There's a setting in the control panel of the unit to then invert the picture. Here's a picture of it inverted on my aerobars:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...back-in-country.html

The other option may be to pickup the tripod attachment kit - which would then allow you to mount it to some of the more 'interesting' bike tripod kits that are out there (just search Amazon for 'bike tripod'). I haven't played around with that option too much, but may be a thought.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are the opinions about where to attach it? I am using it for commuting and more for "evidence" in the case I get hit as I bike on rural roads and if I get hit, I am hoping it would be helpful to catch the person (assuming they leave the scene). Should I mount it on the back facing rearward or the front? I would think i am far more likely to be hit from the back than the front.
Sorry for the slight hijack.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 GPro HD's and use of a 3rd one. I mount 2 with the handlebar / seat post mount (cost: $20) and the helmet front mount (cost: $12).
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro HD Camera Bike Mount Options? [TheGuyInDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle rails mount

http://www.acecosportgroup.com/...ddle-rail-mount.html

Last edited by: gaser: May 3, 15 1:29
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro HD Camera Bike Mount Options? [gaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K-Edge has a combo Garmin/GoPro mount for round bars (I know, doesn't help OP)
They also have a very nice under saddle mount.
I think I've seen videos from nearly every tube on a bike; seat tube, head tube, down tube, chain stay and seat stay.
I think there are also stem cap mounts.
Could probably even go underneath bar extensions on a trip bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use an XLab Torpedo 400 BTA bottle and just stuck a flat stick-on mount to the bottom of the the mounting bracket. It works great.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply