Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Global Triathlon Network - GTN
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAR2HzdsXY

Same guys who made GCN and GMBN... thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, another way I'm going to waste time at work :)

I do really enjoy the GCN guys, so I'll be giving this network a chance.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's cool. I love the GCN stuff. I actually like their maintenance videos quite a bit. They had a great untangling a bike chain video that helped me out a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup if it's anything like GCN I'm in...love their stuff......mostly short and to the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aavlee wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAR2HzdsXY

Same guys who made GCN and GMBN... thoughts?

not the same presenters though. The mountain bike GMBN is ok but IMO their presenters are not as entertaining as Si, Matt and Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, don't know their presenters, but I sure like the humble "former pro" vibe of the GCN guys. Would be cool to get some retired Tri-Pros in aswell.
We just need Calum Millward, Sebi Kienle, Tim Don or Joe Skipper to retire. Those guys are hilarious.

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will watch. The GCN guys are really good at what they do. Fun and educational is a good mix!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm cautiously optimistic. GCN and GMBN both have great production value and I've actually learned quite a bit from them. BMBN helped me learn how to ride a mountain bike and GCN is a pretty great resource for maintenance videos.
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From their instagram, the presenters are Mark Threlfall and Heather Fell. Not familiar with the names but Mark looks to have some ITU background
Last edited by: aavlee: Aug 7, 17 13:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just hope the presenters are former pros like with GCN.

Also I hope they can get access to behind the scenes stuff at major events like Kona, kinda like how the GCN guys get on the team buses and cars and even the neutral support car at the Tour de France. They also have great access to the pro riders and their bikes which is really cool.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good agegroupers at best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just subscribed, this is great!
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agreed. I especially love their tech breakdowns and debunking stupid practices that are entrenched in cycling culture. They are going to have an absolute heyday with testing out a lot of things triathletes assume are right.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know Mark through my University and he's a pretty cool guy. He currently holds the Outlaw Half record, I think he broke it by something like 15 minutes earlier this year, as well as some shorter distance stuff. He also coaches some of my friends who race elite/U23 GB so he knows his stuff. Not met Heather Fell but we move in similar circles and I know her by reputation, she's probably the best athlete the PlaySports lot have, ex modern pentathlete with a silver Olympic medal from Beijing. As it seems to be people who are currently or were based around Bath, I hope that they can get Vicky Holland on board when she stops doing triathlon, that would be very cool.

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [tomoffat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to let people know, they already have 3-4 videos on their channel now.

I really fear they burnout doing 7 vids a week, dont know if GCN also does that but seems kinda hard to make that much quality without burning out.
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's half as good as GCN then that's great. GCN is my favourite YouTube channel by far.
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [srshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like it already! But for those critics give them a chance...it will take a month or two before they get really comfortable in front of the camera and before there are enough videos with content that goes beyond the "high elbow" stuff for example.

I am really looking forward to this as there are so many possible things to cover.
Aquathlon, Xterra, Duathlon, Swim and run, long, short, middle, itu, ironman Just for the event side of things
Swim bike and run all with its equipment, technique, workouts, and the general triathlon stuff like aero suits etc.
This is going to be so awesome! Daily Videos for years!

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what I have learned about GCN. Basically they offer brands packages. So let us say for $80,000 brand x gets a certain amount of guaranteed reviews and editorial reviews. They are thus nicely and clever packaged commercials.
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
This is what I have learned about GCN. Basically they offer brands packages. So let us say for $80,000 brand x gets a certain amount of guaranteed reviews and editorial reviews. They are thus nicely and clever packaged commercials.

Most people, I don't think, know how they got their start-up money. Nothing wrong with how they did/do it; I find a lot of what they do entertaining. They're just not the everyday awe-shucks guys doing videos they make themselves out to be.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a triathlete, but the first few episodes were great! If it's anything like GCN, it's a welcome addition to our available content.
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

Good to know, but I won't begrudge them their funding - they're doing a great job with GCN - they were my main teacher for my bike build!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New triathlon network was the next step for the chaps behind GCN,Still in the intro phase using roughly the same pillars as there bike show does, believe this will change as they transition through the season
Happy a tri specific show is out as they have a great reputation in the bike world.Looking forward to there Kona coverage as well
Last edited by: Biggrub_tri: Aug 26, 17 0:58
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [Biggrub_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like it so far.
The 2 host are very likeable, and it is clear the male has some "Pro knowledge" while it is nice that the other one is a more "normal triathlete".
I'm sure they will get better and better as host but i think they do a great job already! Actually the only minor downside is that they seem very eager when they talks on the shows. I think this will be better as they get more experience.

Now i dont follow GCN but are they also making 1 vid/day, seems like a crazy output that would burn you out! Hope not :)
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I like it too. Agree there are some on-camera jitters that will fade away as the two get more comfortable. I think to avoid a burnout, they need more presenters. GCN has 4. If things are successful like GCN or even close to that level, I'm sure they'll get another personality on there.
Quote Reply
Re: Global Triathlon Network - GTN [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it. The only thing I thought was a little lame was their episode posted yesterday had a segment on "send us a picture of your pain cave" - not very original. It will be interesting how many other story ideas get heisted from ST.

I will say that given all of the Youtube "channels" for all of the other hobbies and interests out there I was surprised how long it took to have one for triathlon. Clearly ST could have owned that space....
Quote Reply

Prev Next