Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Given these three bike choices, what would you pick & why?
Quote | Reply
I've whittled down my new bike choices to three possible options. They each have their own advantages, but all things considered, they are about equal. I have not test ridden any of them yet, I am simply looking at them from a spec & price perspective. I'd be interested to see how you would rank them, which one you would go with, and if there are any advantages or disadvantages that may sway you towards or away from any of them.

The three bikes are:
  • Cervelo P3 Ultegra
  • Specialized Shiv Expert (Ultegra)
  • BMC timemachine TM02 (Ultegra)

Quote Reply
Re: Given these three bike choices, what would you pick & why? [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
obligatory 'the one that fits'

that aside, 1- bmc, 2- p3, 3- shiv
Quote Reply
Re: Given these three bike choices, what would you pick & why? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
obligatory 'the one that fits'

that aside, 1- bmc, 2- p3, 3- shiv

Yeah, I should have prefaced this post with that. I will definitely go with the one that fits the best, but all three of these are nearly identical in the setup I'm looking for and all are pretty good on adjustability.
Quote Reply
Re: Given these three bike choices, what would you pick & why? [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're looking at the P3 and it's the new one, I'd look at the P2. I think the new 11sp is The Best Bang for the Buck Aero Bike to buy right now.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would pick based on:

1. price
2. color
3. unique features (ie, water bladder, useful to you? under BB brakes? pain in the ass to you?)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Given these three bike choices, what would you pick & why? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
If you're looking at the P3 and it's the new one, I'd look at the P2. I think the new 11sp is The Best Bang for the Buck Aero Bike to buy right now.

Yes, especially if you plan to replace the aerobar anyway.

Quote Reply
Re: Given these three bike choices, what would you pick & why? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

I agree that the frame on the new P2 is the same as the P3, but the price difference would be negated by me upgrading the stock 105 components & I'm not really digging the P2 cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just fyi there would be 0 speed increase by upgrading the 105 components. But yes, the aerobar would need to be swapped to match the p3.

Meathead wrote:
desert dude wrote:

I agree that the frame on the new P2 is the same as the P3, but the price difference would be negated by me upgrading the stock 105 components & I'm not really digging the P2 cockpit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say the P3. Because it's the fastest bike you have listed there, although the speed differences between them are small. The groupset doesn't matter, and blindfolded, using bar-end shifting, you'd not notice a difference between any of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Given these three bike choices, what would you pick & why? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well not necessarily, BMC has said theirs is faster, Cervelo said theirs is faster. BMC is better looking, BMC wins.
Quote Reply