Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giro synthe size large question
Quote | Reply
I read someone comments that the new Giro synthe size large has a much bigger profile than medium. Thus not recommended.

Does anyone has seen it would like to make a comment/suggestion?
I do have a 61cmish Head....
Quote Reply
Re: Giro synthe size large question [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was sort of borderline between sizes as my head measure 59cm and medium is 55-59, so I tried the medium and the large in the store. Medium fit just fine, and large was waaaay too big for me. I can't remember for sure bit I think even in the tightest setting with the rocloc adjustment wheel in the back it was still too loose. I usually wear a cap when riding (this helmet vents well!) so that even adds to the circumference and there's really no problem with the medium. Even though my head is a bit smaller than yours I hope this helps a bit.

By being a bigger profile and not recommended do you mean that it's less aero or something? Not quite sure why else the profile would matter so much.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro synthe size large question [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. And think big profile creates a mushroom head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yes that makes sense. Well to a certain extent they all look like that, but I'd imagine the larger size exacerbates that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. It fits me just as perfectly as my other Giro size-large helmets and looks fine.

Alex
Quote Reply