Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giro Selector size help
Quote | Reply
Hey guys sorry if this has been discussed before Ive been searching all day but havent found any definitive answers.
Looking at getting s Selector, I currently use a Giro Ionos for my regular riding which is a medium 55-59cm I measured my head which was around 58cm. Would I be better to get a S/M even though it only goes upto 57cm or should I get the M/L or would it be abit to large? The only bike shop that has giro helmets near me only has the Advantage 2 atm so I cant try a Selector on for size.
Anyone with similar head size have a Selector they could give me advice with?
btw I will be using it mainly for TT's so i'm not too worried about heat etc.
Cheers.
Last edited by: Simmo Turner: Apr 22, 14 1:24
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Selector size help [Simmo Turner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M/L

The Selector is crazy small.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the M/L. How do I know? I have a new S/M for sale now.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Selector size help [triitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My dome measures 59 cm. I just received the M/L and had to take out the (removable) side spacers. It's snug.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Selector size help [trekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice guys :). Went ahead and grabbed one we'll see how it goes once it arrives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simmo Turner wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys :). Went ahead and grabbed one we'll see how it goes once it arrives.

My personal opinion having had both in my possession, and having tried both on my significant other is that this helmet simply doesn't come in a medium.

It looks like the S/M is actually a small and the M/L is actually a large, a bit of a shame….. we tried everything to get either to fit, the S/M after about 20 min we finally got it on, but it gave her a head ache, the M/L was way too big (unsafe)

I have a big head and the M/L fits great.

Maurice
Quote Reply