Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!!
Quote | Reply
http://www.giro.com/us_en/techlace

The Factor Techlace™ is a race-bred cycling shoe that features our revolutionary Techlace system and the Boa® Closure System, plus the performance you expect from Giro—all at an impressively low weight of 210 grams (size 42.5). This extraordinary design is driven by our patent-pending Techlace system, which couples the benefits of laces with the convenience of a strap for superb fit and easy adjustment on-the-fly. By replacing D-rings and other hardware with laces, the Techlace system provides a more supple feel across the forefoot.
Last edited by: PubliusValerius: Aug 29, 16 12:11
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
http://www.giro.com/us_en/techlace

The Factor Techlace™ is a race-bred cycling shoe that features our revolutionary Techlace system and the Boa® Closure System, plus the performance you expect from Giro—all at an impressively low weight of 210 grams (size 42.5). This extraordinary design is driven by our patent-pending Techlace system, which couples the benefits of laces with the convenience of a strap for superb fit and easy adjustment on-the-fly. By replacing D-rings and other hardware with laces, the Techlace system provides a more supple feel across the forefoot.

Meh, they created the ultimate shoe with the Giro SLX. They would be wiser to innovate off that design.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't get past how dirty the drivetrain was of the guy in the promo video.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
I couldn't get past how dirty the drivetrain was of the guy in the promo video.

And in the small ring. Face palm
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SLX Empire or SLX Prolight?

Because the Factor Techlace is built on the same last as the Empire/Empire SLX. Sooooooo...

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bro. Which one? Seems easy enough.

Maybe link to what you're attempting to describe?

Because they don't make a model called the "SLX". They make models under the greater umbrella - SLX.

http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/men/cycling-shoes/road.html

There are 6 rows of shoes on that page when viewing on a desktop computer. Starting with the row and viewing left to right, detail the row number and position number of the shoe you're referencing.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a really interesting shoe.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Bro. Which one? Seems easy enough.

Maybe link to what you're attempting to describe?

Because they don't make a model called the "SLX". They make models under the greater umbrella - SLX.

http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/men/cycling-shoes/road.html

There are 6 rows of shoes on that page when viewing on a desktop computer. Starting with the row and viewing left to right, detail the row number and position number of the shoe you're referencing.

Sorry, I meant Giro Empire SLX. How do you beat it, the shoe is comfortable, stiff, light, and aero.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Sorry, I meant Giro Empire SLX. How do you beat it, the shoe is comfortable, stiff, light, and aero.

And doesn't have a big ol' "Boa" knob sticking out the side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think shoes with BOAs that are aero - eg the Bont where it has that little flap that covers it - are super interesting.

I think shoes laces that lace up are super interesting.

I don't see what advantages a BOA *AND* laces offers anyone...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to have been in the engineering meeting that decided how to build this shoe.

Director of Engineering: "Marketing wants laces, straps, and a BOA dial."

Engineers: words I won't write on here

Solution: A shoe that doesn't know what it is

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 29, 16 19:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
I think shoes with BOAs that are aero - eg the Bont where it has that little flap that covers it - are super interesting.

I think shoes laces that lace up are super interesting.

I don't see what advantages a BOA *AND* laces offers anyone...

Ask the Sidi guys, who've long been championing the "Everything and the kitchen sink" approach to shoe closures.

Still waiting for a burrito-upper road shoe with a single BOA that opens to a nice, wide mouth. My image of the ideal long-course shoe.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They only forgot the ratchet. Then, they could have a bike shoe with laces, a boa, a velcro strap, and a ratchet.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, I'm kind of into this shoe. I don't like the Empires because I would rather not tie my shoes if I don't have to and I'm paranoid about them coming untied. I have the Prolights. The only thing bad about the Prolights is that my feet are so thin that I have to pull the velco straps as tight as they go and they're still not super tight. To put it in perspective, I had to cut an inch off the end of each of the straps. At least this shoe is more adjustable.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just get the Empires. It is impossible for them to become untied once you've stuffed the laces under the elastic lace-holder thingy. I've just gone from them to the Specialized S-works with Boa and miss the laces. Once the laces are tied you never need to adjust the tension, whereas I find with the Boas I'm often feeling they are too tight or too lose.

Quote | Reply
Can you get the shoes on when tied? Or do you have to tie them every ride
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tie them before every ride. And then untie them after every ride. Do not mix up this order.

Quote | Reply
Haha - thanks for the detailed instructions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, it's solving a problem no-one has.
like, when harvey's put the cheese INSIDE the burger patty instead of on top? .....just, why?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So did anyone end up getting these? Curious to hear people's thoughts on the two straps...

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair on order.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still waiting for a burrito-upper road shoe with a single BOA that opens to a nice, wide mouth. My image of the ideal long-course shoe.

The first generation of the Specialized S-Works shoes were like that.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Introduces the Factor Techlace!!! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
So did anyone end up getting these? Curious to hear people's thoughts on the two straps...

I think Jordan's and Steve's point are right on. This existed 10 years ago with the S-works an boa. There is no need to do this with laces unless people thing there is some sort of comfort to be gain. Regardless this is certainly less aero

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have a version coming out soon that just has the techlace with no boa, just an extra velcro strap. I saw it at interbike, that is the shoe I'm waiting for. Hopefully it will be out this summer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next