Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [DougEFresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had one on each foot frozen off today, hope it works.... :)
CJ

Slow, Old, Ironman
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [Sub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patience and perseverance. I takes a long time to get rid off plantar warts.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [jjofre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been dealing with these for over five years... Having tried everything I am now spreading the word on what works.

Take a look if you have had plantar warts for at least 2-3 years and have tried everything over the counter:

http://howtokillplantarwarts.webs.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [runningspeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heat the tip of a Phillips screwdriver with a flame (stove, butane torch, gas grill) and slowly apply it to the wart. Do this for a few minutes. Ive gotten ride of several warts like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all, this is my first post.

I recently had success with a plantar wart that I'd been dealing with for around 2 years or so. I started a blog about it a few months ago and was able to get rid of it using the duct tape method along with salicylic, epsom salt soak and digging away. I also used some other things that helped with the process. It was a pretty deep one and it took some time after beating it to a pulp for it to heal up. I wrote a blog about it which you can check out for more details of my success and some pictures. http://stubbornwart.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taylorman wrote:
Heat the tip of a Phillips screwdriver with a flame (stove, butane torch, gas grill) and slowly apply it to the wart. Do this for a few minutes. Ive gotten ride of several warts like this.

I've had 2 in my lifetime………tried everything under the sun, including freezing. The only thing that worked for me was exactly this! Hold it on there for as long as you can possibly stand, then hold it on there another 10 seconds!

CC
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man that sounds painful! lol... whatever works though! If I get get another one I may try that. Although I don't plan on getting another...
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiroCowboy wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

I've had 2 in my lifetime………tried everything under the sun, including freezing. The only thing that worked for me was exactly this! Hold it on there for as long as you can possibly stand, then hold it on there another 10 seconds!

CC

This sounds painful & unsanitary, even with the heat applied to the screwdriver.

To remove the wart I had on my foot, I visited a podiatrist who cut & froze the wart. He also prescribed a paste from a compounding pharmacy, which I applied twice a day over the course of several weeks. Before applying the paste, it was necessary to soak the foot in warm water & scrub away skin with a pumice stone. After six or so weeks, everything is healed up just fine.

I still have a good deal of the paste left, so, when I get home, I'll re-post with its name. Or, if you're in the San Antonio area, visit Dr. Czelusta in Garden Ridge; he'll take good care of you & your feet.</shameless.plug>

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTFU

CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A doctor should burn them off not freeze them off. I had 7 removed with something that looked like a soldering iron and burnt the warts (looked like it was shocking the wart and smelled like burnt skin). He did inject a numbing agent before burning. After it the surface was burnt, he pulled of the dead skin and burnt it again until it was gone. You will have open wounds on your feet, but they heal in about a week. I had this done in 2008 and they have never returned. This was after I tried the acids, duct tape, and freezing them to no avail.

Quote | Reply
I had no idea what it was under the ball of my foot. It felt like a really deep zit. I finally googled the symptom and came up with plantar wart. Dr. Scholl's Clear away worked in about two weeks, replacing the little tab of salicylic acid and pad cover every day, or after a swim. It's good to trim the little dots of acid-covered rubber to the size of the wart, or it will burn a hole exactly that size down to the wart. The treatment was less painful than trying to run on the wart.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PSA in the Plantar Warts thread.

Never walk around the pool deck (or especially in the shower room) barefoot. Don't even touch the floor with your feet. This will greatly reduce your risk of picking up plantar warts.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharonMcN wrote:
I had no idea what it was under the ball of my foot. It felt like a really deep zit. I finally googled the symptom and came up with plantar wart. Dr. Scholl's Clear away worked in about two weeks, replacing the little tab of salicylic acid and pad cover every day, or after a swim. It's good to trim the little dots of acid-covered rubber to the size of the wart, or it will burn a hole exactly that size down to the wart. The treatment was less painful than trying to run on the wart.

Yes! That's what ultimately worked for me, but it was more of a combo of the pads with epsom salt soaks and wearing duct tape prior to using the Dr scholl's pads. These two thing opened up the wart which let the salicylic acid work. The first time I tried the pads without doing the rest they did nothing. I highlighted the process a little more on the blog I mentioned in a previous post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to the podiatrist and ask for the high concentrated salicylic acid. My doc calls it green slime. If you can keep a band aid on it for 24 hours at a time it will peel out in 2 or 3 days. Completely painless.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [YVR Drew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YVR Drew wrote:
Don't screw around with all these "home made remedies", go to your Doc and get him/her to hit them with the liquid nitrogen, it's fast and effective. I would be surprised if you missed more then a day or two of running. I had six on one foot a few years ago and I was back running in a week. Then, always wear shower thongs when using public showers, it's the most common place to pick up plantars warts.

THIS. But the videos on YouTube are disturbingly entertaining. Same goes for cyst removal videos.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
PSA in the Plantar Warts thread.

Never walk around the pool deck (or especially in the shower room) barefoot. Don't even touch the floor with your feet. This will greatly reduce your risk of picking up plantar warts.

All of my Masters swim mates walk barefoot and I never do. But they think I'm the weirdo for wearing shower shoes....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had planters warts for decades and this is how I got rid of them. I got a prescription from my doctor for a very strong acid from a compounding pharmacy. The acid is a liquid brush on with Salicylic Acid 20%, 5-FU 5%, in a DMSO solution. The compounding pharmacy I got mine from is Town & Country Compounding in NJ. I put the solution on a minimum of 6-8 weeks and put duct tape onto of the warts after the solution was put on. Smaller warts can be a much shorter period of time. I could have stopped earlier but I kept applying to acid to be sure the wart was dead. Over the counter acid is not strong enough to be effective regardless of how many months I would apply it.

Earlier I used duct tape and tea tree oil for 3 months. It was successful in getting rid of some of the small planter warts. It did not work at all on some warts that were the same size. I don't know why it worked on some warts and not others. It did not work at larger warts. I don't know if the tea tree oil helped or not but I did have success with the duct tape on some small wart.

My sister went to a doctor and had her planter warts cut out. She regretted it and I would never recommend taking that course of action. Because the doctor is essentially going to cut large holes in the bottom of your foot. She ended up with nerve damage and was unable to walk for week.

I like the strong acid solution because is a gradual slow process and the bottom of your foot does not get too damaged by a sudden trauma like freezing or cutting. If you keep applying the acid eventually it will kill the wart even if it is large. It could take three months or more. Here is more my business. I do divorce mediation work in Rhode Island.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a script from the DR for a high strength salicilic acid paste. Basically triple strength compound W. Used as directed, applied with q tip, covered with a bandaid, repeat daily and used small scissors to cut off dead skin each day. When you think its gone, keep treating for another 10 days to get the very deep roots. BTW, I ran every day during the process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

I had the same issue awhile back where I had this huge plantar wart on the ball of my foot. Thought it was a callus for the longest time until it wasn't going away. Decided to take a second look at it (after 2 months of pain and agony!) and saw there were tiny black dots, which was a clear sign of a wart. After some research, I decided to go the all natural route. Of course there are plenty of over-the-counters you can try like mentioned on this thread but there are also some really good natural and home remedies that work. I used a combination of ACV, banana, and nail varnish that got rid of my plantar wart in 3 days! I explain how I did it in my guide called Verruca's Kryptonite. All it takes is some persistence and dedication with the right ingredients to treat these annoying little buggers. I know these can be painful especially for an athlete. The trick is to prevent it from coming back so you do not have to keep dealing with the pain.

Best of luck!

Verruca's Kryptonite
Last edited by: Derek_C: Aug 12, 17 9:08
Quote Reply
Re: Getting rid of Plantar Warts [Derek_C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viruses don't like a temperature outside a certain range.

Soak your foot in very warm (but not hot) water for 15 mins. Dry it off. Scrub it with a pumice stone to loosen the top layers.

Aspirin is a acetyl salicylic acid. It's only an acetyl group on the acid molecule. Grind up an aspirin, mix with a bit of water, then smear it on the wart. Seal it by using a 1" x 1" square of duct tape, which will be impermeable to air. You can also just put the aspirin directly on the war and seal it with the duct tape. Repeat 2-3 times per day.

I did this process on a relatively new plantar wart, and it was gone in 4 days, never to return.
Quote Reply

Prev Next