Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting more length - bike choices
Quote | Reply
I am currently running a small sized Scott Plasma 3 (flat stem and pro Missile bars). It's a great bike and having spent some money getting my position dialled aero wise I probably wouldn't look for a change (as expect performance gains will be minimal) but with the 3cm (elbow to steering axis) UK TT rule I am a bit short on top tube length. At 172cm tall I am usually on the Small / medium - 52/54 border.

I am looking at a range of bikes I guess number 1 enables my position while 3cm legal, 2 good low yaws performance as I try to get to the 30mph averages, 3 wouldnt mind hydration / storage options for longer TT's though not a huge concern, 4 would like to try electric shifting.

Current short list is
1: Canyon Speedmax slx - seems to hit my needs well. They size me on a small but think it is 2 or 3 cm longer than my Scott.
2: Speed Concept - expect I would need a medium to get tube tube length but 7.5 seems great value.
3: Cervelo P5 - seems a bit harder to work on / optimise stem bar size again medium size seems right + probably would need to find a 2nd one to meet budget.
4: Cervelo NP3 - might need change bars etc but with right selection shouldn't be to far behind a P5 while being an easier bike to live with.
5. Giant Trinity - some good cheaper options plus storage / drink integration.
6. Scott Plasma 5 - kind of sticking to what I have but with drink / storage integration
7. Premier Tactical - looks like a good package but expect to get hit on import costs to UK.
8. EVO2MAX - good value but no idea how it stacks up (looks like a rebadged open mild Chinese frame.
9: Wait for the Cube Dark blade and bluff bring bars in on my Plasma till then.

Any opinion on the above bikes would be great as I am making a change some improvement on current set up would be nice even if only marginal.
Quote Reply