Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting and staying aero
Quote | Reply
Trying to get used to a tri bike with base bar and extensions (from a road bike / drop bars). Moving my arms in so close to the steering axis while retaining stability is a learned skill, I'm sure, but I'm not there yet. Any tips / hints / drills that might get me more stable faster than my current practice of 'one arm on the extension, one hand on the bar'?
Quote Reply
Re: Getting and staying aero [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ride more. That's it. There's no need for any drills or tricks, you just need more time getting used to it.

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Borrow some rollers. If you can get into the extensions on the rollers, doing it on the road will be easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting and staying aero [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Borrow some rollers. If you can get into the extensions on the rollers, doing it on the road will be easy.

+1. After recently converting to rollers myself, I strongly advocate them. The first couple of times will be tricky but your balance will improve, you'll spin smoother, and you'll be more confidant when you ride. That said it might take a week or so until you can do a Z3+ workout.

Nashbar has some well made basic rollers for a very reasonable price.

Start off in a door jam or next to a bed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with Andrew. You have to ride, ride, and finally ride some more. Eventually your body will get adjust and will never go back to the road position. Your aero position might change within the first few months once uour body starts to get adjusted and you get more flexible. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting and staying aero [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree entirely. You will either learn to ride "silently" or give up on your rollers. And the effect stays with you for a long, long time.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Getting and staying aero [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just takes time. Other than really bumpy, braking or blind turns, I don't even sit up for most corners in races. If you take a good smooth line, you're not cornering very hard.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply