Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting a Powermeter. Will my TSS change
Quote | Reply
Just about to pull the trigger on a pair of Garmin Vectors and I am quite excited.
I often do a standard loop which comes to about 145 TSS based on heart rate. Training Peaks does the calculation.

Is that likely to change much when I get a PM and it has power data to work to.

John

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Getting a Powermeter. Will my TSS change [Johnnybike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnnybike wrote:
Just about to pull the trigger on a pair of Garmin Vectors and I am quite excited.
I often do a standard loop which comes to about 145 TSS based on heart rate. Training Peaks does the calculation.

Is that likely to change much when I get a PM and it has power data to work to.

John

John,

1. How do the heart rate TSS and power based TSS values compare for your Kickr workouts?

2. Don't be surprised if you find that you're Kickr reads 15 to20 watts or even more higher than your Garmin Vectors. That has been the case for many but not all users. Once you've got the Vectors you'll be able to control the Kickr with them and have perfect agreement in the future.

3. Have fun training and racing with power. I used a HRM of years before getting a power meter and was amazed how much I learned especially the first few months of use. You'll be amazed how often you go out way harder than you think based on PE or heart rate response.

Cheers,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting a Powermeter. Will my TSS change [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never looked at kickr TSS based on HR because the power numbers do exist Hugh.
I expect there to be a difference between kickr and vector. Current kickr FTP is 252 so anything 240 or above would be OK with me.

Just finished reading Training and Racing with a Powermeter and it suggest so many ways you can use the power data to understand your fitness and strengths and weaknesses.

Using the kickr in the last 18 months has helped but I need to understand what data I am producing when on my training runs. My main interest is TT so laying down constant power is much more important to me than increasing my v02max for a crit sprint.

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Getting a Powermeter. Will my TSS change [Johnnybike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnnybike wrote:
Never looked at kickr TSS based on HR because the power numbers do exist Hugh.
I expect there to be a difference between kickr and vector. Current kickr FTP is 252 so anything 240 or above would be OK with me.

Just finished reading Training and Racing with a Powermeter and it suggest so many ways you can use the power data to understand your fitness and strengths and weaknesses.

Using the kickr in the last 18 months has helped but I need to understand what data I am producing when on my training runs. My main interest is TT so laying down constant power is much more important to me than increasing my v02max for a crit sprint.

John,

If you were wearing your HRM when riding the Kickr you could set your Golden Cheetah up to show the TSS from HR as well........or could do that for a few workouts going forward and do the same. What's the duration of the loop you're doing that gives a HR TSS of 145? A 2 hour sort of hard ride i.e. and IF of .85 would give about that TSS. ( >85^2 X 100 X 2 = 144.5)

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply