Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Generic Gel Flask -- Source?
Quote | Reply
About four years ago someone on here posted a link for generic gel flasks. Each one holds about 5oz each. They look just like the hammer flasks, but at 1/10th the price, and sans writing..

Anyone know where to source them?

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Generic Gel Flask -- Source? [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hammer flasks are only about $2.50 or $3.00. They're washable, reusable, and durable. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to try to find other sources. . . . . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Generic Gel Flask -- Source? [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the hammer flasks look a little bit longer and narrower than other flasks. would you say this is accurate? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Generic Gel Flask -- Source? [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gienopes wrote:
the hammer flasks look a little bit longer and narrower than other flasks. would you say this is accurate? thanks

I honestly don't know. I've only used Hammer flasks. I have several of them hanging around the house. They're lifesavers during road races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REI has the Hammer flasks on sale now for $1.70. Go for it,
Quote Reply
Re: Generic Gel Flask -- Source? [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might be, might not be. I can say I've had one for a few years and the size has never been a concern, the shape is decent for holding during a run too.

If you want them in true bulk (i.e. 3000 moq): http://au.alibaba.com/...er-bottle-150ml.html

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These aren't generic, nor are they cheaper than Hammer - but just for comparison sake:

http://www.campmor.com/ultimate-direction-4-oz-gel-flask.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=54902&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

$3 seems about standard for these things. If you find them cheaper, then go ahead and get 'em.

Here's an article on using other cheap flasks for gel:
http://runblogger.com/2009/04/running-gear-homemade-energy-gel-flask.html

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: May 16, 14 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: Generic Gel Flask -- Source? [TriKen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought some of these from REI

Admittedly, I originally bought them to fill with soap/shampoo for travelling and my gym bag. Liked them so much I used the extras I had (bought two 3 packs) to put condiments (ketchup and other sauces) to bring to work and also ended up using one for gels since I had one last one to spare. Only drawback is the flip cap for riding isn't as convenient as regular ones like the Hammer flasks. But, they are pretty quality and mine have are still going strong after several years.

They seem more expensive than I remember because I definitely didn't pay as much as they are listed now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is an old thread but kinda on topic for what I want to ask...

How well does the Hammer flask work?

I bought a Fuelbelt flask some time ago, and have only tried to use it once with bulk Hammer gels - I just couldn't get the gel out of the flask. Consistency of the gel blocked the flask. Can the Hammer flask be put upside down without leaking (in the fuelbelt belt clip, for exemple)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If any of you guys place an order at www.PersonalBestNutrition.com & want a flask on the house, just include a note on the final check-out screen (e.g. free flask as per Brian on ST) & I'll be sure one is included.

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply