Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Gatorade on course next year
Quote | Reply

I am slightly disappointed since I do enjoy Perform, hopefully Gatorade will develop some "less Sweet" versions.
Do you think this will help triathlon become more main stream since Gatorade will likely bring more eyes to triathlon and probably more dollars.
http://www.bloomberg.com/...thlon-agreement.html
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i havent tried the perform. but i frequently buy the powder and mix it into my bottles. it seems to be much-less sweet. and sometimes i make it super-concentrated and wash it down with just a regular bottle.

so really, i dunno if this helps at all, but try the powder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a fan of Perform....my stomach HATED it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL.....I finally got to the point where the on-course Perform didn't bother me that much.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems to say "US races only." Does this mean that us Canadians (or rest of the world for that matter) are stuck with that awful Perform for another year or two?
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
It seems to say "US races only." Does this mean that us Canadians (or rest of the world for that matter) are stuck with that awful Perform for another year or two?

Yes.

From the article "While the current agreement with Gatorade covers 38 U.S. races, O’Brien said he anticipates that the partnership will extend beyond its initial 3-year length and grow to include races outside of the U.S.."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love that Gatorade! Hope they include Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having Gatorade is not likely to do anything with regard to "bring more eyes to triathlon". It's not that long ago that Kona used to officially be called "The Gatorade Ironman World Championship".
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
Yes.

Boo. While I realize in the long term Gatorade will diffuse through WTC events, I was hoping for it to be now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9EBhaULToU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least now people will be able to buy the same premixed formulation at the store while with the Perform you could not (available in powder only). I never had a problem with switching from the powder to the pre-mix on race day, but I did hear several comments from people on it not being the same after the races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rover24 wrote:

I am slightly disappointed since I do enjoy Perform, hopefully Gatorade will develop some "less Sweet" versions.
Do you think this will help triathlon become more main stream since Gatorade will likely bring more eyes to triathlon and probably more dollars.
http://www.bloomberg.com/...thlon-agreement.html

Gatorade Endurance (which is what they will use) was the IM/70.3 drink of choice prior to Perform hitting the market in mid to late 2010. What's old is new again.

Only two flavors: lemon-lime and orange.

I doubt they will develop anything new as Gatorade Endurance has been out for many years.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Sep 10, 14 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [KP-NJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KP-NJ wrote:
Having Gatorade is not likely to do anything with regard to "bring more eyes to triathlon". It's not that long ago that Kona used to officially be called "The Gatorade Ironman World Championship".

Yeah but with "Endurance" sports (5ks,HM,Sprints) becoming more popular, your average person knows the brand Gatorade. Gatorade will likely market ironman heavily along with the product, why else would they sign a deal.
So more people who would not have been exposed to Ironman will likely see the packaging and check it out, some of them will become interested.

Also when most people talk triathlon they say "Ironman"
when most people talk sports drink they say "Gatorade"

Gatorade has updated there product line over the last few years, they probably will update and expand there advertising also.
Last edited by: Rover24: Sep 10, 14 11:47
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [Chris10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you find Gatorade Endurance in premixed form? I have only seen the power in the stores near me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rover24 wrote:
KP-NJ wrote:

Yeah but with "Endurance" sports (5ks,HM,Sprints) becoming more popular, your average person knows the brand Gatorade. Gatorade will likely market ironman heavily along with the product, why else would they sign a deal.
So more people who would not have been exposed to Ironman will likely see the packaging and check it out, some of them will become interested.

That is a bit of stretch....the more likely scenario is that Gatorade is looking for the "halo" effect from the Ironman name to get people to try their stuff vs. the growing challenge from other sports drinks. Average Joe says in the supermarket "Oh, will if it is good enough for guys doing IM, it will be good enough for me."

Same thing as Timex and their watches....people think "Well if it is tough enough to get through an Ironman, which is a really hard race, it will be tough enough for my everyday use."

Sure, a VERY small number of people may decide to give a triathlon a try as a result of their exposure to the partnership, but it is such a small number that it is not even close to being a major factor. The reality is that those people were alreadly likely inclined to try a triathlon anyway.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
Where do you find Gatorade Endurance in premixed form? I have only seen the power in the stores near me.

Most vendors (PBN included) typically do not carry the RTD (Ready To Drink) on our website as the cost to ship is somewhat prohibitive. As a remedy to that for athletes who don't want to use the Gatorade Endurance Powdered Formula, we suggest adding the Gatorlyte Packets to regular Gatorade as the carbohydrate profile of the Gatorade Endurance is identical to regular Gatorade, it's the electrolyte profile that's different. (1) Gatorlyte packet added to 60oz of regular Gatorade will give you Gatorade Endurance.

We have carried the Gatorade Endurance RTD bottles in the past & depending on the # of requests we get, may carry them in 2015...we'll see.

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I decided to try Gatorade Endurance formula as a possible replacement for my current favorite, Skratch labs. After going to the Gatorade website and finding a local reseller, I went to that reseller and they said "We have never sold G Endurance Formula and we can't figure out why people keep coming in here asking for it". So I tried to buy it on the Gatorade website, which was a big fail. Eventually I just did what I should have done in the first place, buy it off of Amazon. It isn't bad, honestly it resembles Powerbar Perform, it doesn't taste as good as Skratch but I would say it is about as effective. I like the idea of being able to add the gatorlytes, which I haven't evaluate yet. I did the Maple Grove Triathlon last month and G Endurance formula was the course hydration and my impression was that it was very moderately more effective than Perform...but just as sweet.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [patsullivan6630] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patsullivan6630 wrote:
I decided to try Gatorade Endurance formula as a possible replacement for my current favorite, Skratch labs. After going to the Gatorade website and finding a local reseller, I went to that reseller and they said "We have never sold G Endurance Formula and we can't figure out why people keep coming in here asking for it". .

That is the kind of response that just drives me insane.....Here's a clue - if you have people coming in and asking for a product you don't carry, maybe you should start to!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I look forward to The Actual Starky using Gatorade as the excuse for his poor performance at Kona next year.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I look forward to The Actual Starky using Gatorade as the excuse for his poor performance at Kona next year.

Yeah, I am sure if the bits of real gator that are in there go bad you could potentially have a bad race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The head of research for Gatorade is for 2 years now is the ex-consultant for Power bar. Triathlon is part of a their long term plan

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Last edited by: Fix: Sep 10, 14 12:58
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

WIN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very glad, I have always liked Gatorade- it used to be a big sponsor- and they also had the Gatorade "swim start" at the Ironmans- where they set up the swim course, checked your dry clothes while you swam and gave you a bottle when done- they would do that for 3 mornings right before the race - I really hope they bring that back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me Perform was the worst sport drink I have ever tried. I threw up on the bike withing minutes of first consuming it.

I am not a huge fan of Gatoraide, I can tolerate it but it is basically just sugar.

I wish they would get a decent sponsored drink like EFS, Scratch Labs, Hammer ect ect
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade on course next year [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutritionally Gatorade E Formula is very similar to Skratch with Skratch having more sodium than Gatorade but less potassium and about the same amount of sugar. Powerbar perform has less of everything, including sugar (10G compared to 21 and 20 respectively). I never disliked Perform as much as other people, it tasted OK and seemed to do its job. As long as it isn't chalky (UCANN) or have a weird effervescence (GU Roctane Mix) I will drink whatever is handed to me. The water is the most important part of the mix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gatorade is for hangovers. Unfortunately for us, real endurance nutrition companies don't have the money to buy their way into the Ironman brand.
Quote Reply

Prev Next