Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gatorade??
Quote | Reply
I see they are no longer offering Perform at WTC events (at least one I checked). Does anyone know if they are back to giving out Gatorade at aid stations? If so, what size are the bottles?
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMSG had Gatorade in the bottle size that would fit into a cage. with the twist tops. Orange flavor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
24 oz bottles

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad, that Perform was really tasty. Not.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody know if this included Canada??

I am doing IMMT in Quebec this year. MAN , I hope perform is not on the course. Gatoraide ain't my favorite but I will take it.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamie wrote:
Anybody know if this included Canada??

I am doing IMMT in Quebec this year. MAN , I hope perform is not on the course. Gatoraide ain't my favorite but I will take it.

http://www.ironman.com/...letes/faqs.aspx#faq8

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brian!
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, the G-Series that will be served at IMMT is the regular Gatorade vs the Gatorade Endurance which is what will be on-course at the WTC & Challenge events in the USA.

Brian Shea
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrianPBN wrote:
FWIW, the G-Series that will be served at IMMT is the regular Gatorade vs the Gatorade Endurance which is what will be on-course at the WTC & Challenge events in the USA.

Do you know the reason for that? What's Canada's problem with electrolytes?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
BrianPBN wrote:

Do you know the reason for that? What's Canada's problem with electrolytes?
The further away you are from the equator, the less the need for the increased electrolytes ;-)

Brian Shea
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrianPBN wrote:

This...

Not the same but not as different :D

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To each their own. I trained with Perform last year since that was offered on the course and i got used to the taste.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [baldiesrt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got used to it too when I train for an Ironman brand race. But some things just shouldn't be an acquired taste and this is one of them.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is why their is more than one sports drink I suppose. I can't tolerate the taste of the Gu drink, UCANN, or EFS, but perform and gatorade are fine. The more I stare and compare, there is no substantial reason not to just use grocery store gatorade - assuming you are using salt caps. Even if you aren't they sell gatorlytes which salt up the regular gatorade. Sports drinks are what...99.5% water (the most important ingredient) with a little bit of sugar, salt, and potassium.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [patsullivan6630] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm blessed that my stomach can take whatever I throw at it. With that said, I use my own proprietary blend of nuun, malto and regular sugar for training. Why ? It is the only way I can pack 350-400 calories in a 20 oz bottle and it fast good. It also doesn't have dyes that can stain my clothes. But races, I drink what is on the course.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patsullivan6630 wrote:
This is why their is more than one sports drink I suppose. I can't tolerate the taste of the Gu drink, UCANN, or EFS, but perform and gatorade are fine. The more I stare and compare, there is no substantial reason not to just use grocery store gatorade - assuming you are using salt caps. Even if you aren't they sell gatorlytes which salt up the regular gatorade. Sports drinks are what...99.5% water (the most important ingredient) with a little bit of sugar, salt, and potassium.

I did my first IM with Kool-aid and salt caps... no problem whatsoever lol

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Waterlogged" Tim Noakes

==================
Ditch the carbage - Go keto!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
24oz bottles
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [shanehurley497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody know what flavor WTC is serving up?...I'm particularly interested in Mont-Tremblant.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade?? [smeaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boulder 70.3 says orange on the bike and yellow on the run. I identify flavors as colors because lemons do not taste like anything gatorade has every produced, same for oranges.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be at the Boulder race so maybe one of the WTC folks there will be able to tell me whether its the same for all of the events this year. In a perverse way, I kind of prefer the flavors with more arbitrary names (ie Cool Blue), as they don't set the expectation that you should expect the taste to be anything like something that exists in the natural world! Either way, I'm sure it will be better than the failed Perform experiment.
Quote Reply