Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garnea Tri-400 Shoes - Nice!
Quote | Reply
With the recent thread about the Giro SLX's, just thought I'd mention another pair, that doesn't get much attention here.

I've tried other garneau shoes and was never impressed. Either too heavy/bulky, or uppers that were too stretchy, etc.

But garneau recently had the tri-400's on sale and I got a pair. New favorite shoe for sure. Light, stiff, easy on. The dial on the front is just set and forget.

Careful on sizing - I'm a 45 in Shimano and Specialized, needed a 46 in the LG's.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/...u-tri-400-shoes-mens
Quote Reply
Re: Garnea Tri-400 Shoes - Nice! [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks extremely un-aero :)

Try the LA 84s mentioned by Gerlach for an aero option.
Quote Reply
Re: Garnea Tri-400 Shoes - Nice! [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer a shoe that fits properly. :) YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: Garnea Tri-400 Shoes - Nice! [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes I have to agree. Awesome shoe for sure. The sizing is off, and even worse if you got them 2 or more years ago. They changed their size chart but if you measure your foot as they say you should, it is spot on. For example, I got a new pair 2 or 3 years ago and it had me at a 45.5 (I'm a 12US running shoe). I found these a tad bit too small so only rode them on the trainer for 4 or 5 hours max, hoping they would stretch. I liked them so much, despite the size issues, that I looked to get a new pair. When researching I found they changed their size chart. My 45.5s from a few years ago would probably fit an 11.5 perfectly, a 46 probably would have been a better fit for me. The newest sizing has me in a 47, and that fits perfectly. I am a 46 Giro, which also fits me perfectly.
All in all a great shoe.
Quote Reply