Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin mount for iphone
Quote | Reply
I know there are tonnes of other bike mounts out there for an iphone, but what I really want is a case for my iphone with the Garmin mount built in, so that I can share my barfly. I've seen the iphone 5 cradle that works with the Garmin Navigon mount which I guess is for in -car use and not the same as the bike mount?

Any ideerahs? Otherwise I'm going to take my spare 310xt quick release kit and superglue the backplate to a cheap iphone case. Or I'll put some holes in a case and zip tie it somehow, so that I can just pop the phone in and out whenever.

PS the reason for wanting this is that I found I could mirror my PC display onto my iphone 5 using Splashtop or Air Display, which is an awesome way of having trainerroad right under your nose. I don't want a stand for the laptop and use a flatscreen TV on the wall, but it is a bit high up when I'm on the bars.

Ta,
Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin mount for iphone [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
I know there are tonnes of other bike mounts out there for an iphone, but what I really want is a case for my iphone with the Garmin mount built in, so that I can share my barfly. I've seen the iphone 5 cradle that works with the Garmin Navigon mount which I guess is for in -car use and not the same as the bike mount?

Any ideerahs? Otherwise I'm going to take my spare 310xt quick release kit and superglue the backplate to a cheap iphone case. Or I'll put some holes in a case and zip tie it somehow, so that I can just pop the phone in and out whenever.

PS the reason for wanting this is that I found I could mirror my PC display onto my iphone 5 using Splashtop or Air Display, which is an awesome way of having trainerroad right under your nose. I don't want a stand for the laptop and use a flatscreen TV on the wall, but it is a bit high up when I'm on the bars.

Ta,
Rich.

Tagging along for this one, would be interested to hear more about how to mirror the PC display onto your iPhone. I'm currently stuck using two laptops at the moment (one for TR, one for movies), and would love to just have the TR information on a smaller screen.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin mount for iphone [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can help you with that. If you install idisplay server onto your laptop and their client onto your iphone you can effectively use the handheld as a 2nd monitor. In your use case, you would probably extend the desktop onto your iphone display, that way you can show the trainerroad application on the iphone and your media player on the main screen. I did exactly that the other day. My only problem with idisplay is that I couldn't mirror the display onto both screens, which is what I wanted to do. I think it is something to do with colour depth palettes or resolution, or I can't do it from the windows multiple display settings and maybe I need to try controlling it from my graphics card control centre.

Haven't tried Air Display yet but it's the same deal, install server onto laptop and client app onto iphone. Same deal with Splashtop, you have to install the stream server onto the laptop. I'm giving that a whirl tonight. Advantage of these two are that I think you can use the iphone screen to control the mouse and keyboard, which I have been doing from my bike up until now using a logitech server/client app. Saves you having to reach the laptop keyboard or get up to start/pause trainerroad. Not sure if you can control the desktop pc from the iphone with idisplay.

In all cases I think the PC server software is free but you have to pay for the mobile app.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin mount for iphone [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks! Will have to futz around with that tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin mount for iphone [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin mount for iphone [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just what I wanted, thanks for posting that reply Morten

Cheers,
Rich.
Quote Reply