Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin edge 520 keeps on reverting to miles
Quote | Reply
My Garmin Edge 520 is normally set to kilometres for distance, but it keeps on reverting to statute (miles). I change it in settings, turn it off, back on again, go to ride and it switches back again. Speed is still km/hr and the settings are correct for the device in Garmin connect. Anyone got any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin edge 520 keeps on reverting to miles [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know if it’s the same as the problem I had with my 920 reverting to turning on the Move alert, but you may have luck with checking the corresponding setting in your Garmin mobile app.

My Garmin mobile app had the Move alarm set to be on, so every time they connected to each other it would change the setting on my watch.

Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
My Garmin Edge 520 is normally set to kilometres for distance, but it keeps on reverting to statute (miles). I change it in settings, turn it off, back on again, go to ride and it switches back again. Speed is still km/hr and the settings are correct for the device in Garmin connect. Anyone got any ideas?

My 1000 has starting to do the same - no biggie just frustrating
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin edge 520 keeps on reverting to miles [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah this is a common issue after the last firmware update. I've just rolled back to the previous firmware and seems to have worked
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin edge 520 keeps on reverting to miles [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flight<bird wrote:
Yeah this is a common issue after the last firmware update. I've just rolled back to the previous firmware and seems to have worked

How do you roll back the firmware?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
flight<bird wrote:

How do you roll back the firmware?

ditto that!?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin edge 520 keeps on reverting to miles [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old firmware versions available here: http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/

Download the version you want, then rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD, and copy it to the Garmin folder on the Edge. Then unplug it and switch it on, and it should install that firmware version.

This will wipe your settings etc so best to save anything you want to keep
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin edge 520 keeps on reverting to miles [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flight<bird wrote:
Old firmware versions available here: http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/

Download the version you want, then rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD, and copy it to the Garmin folder on the Edge. Then unplug it and switch it on, and it should install that firmware version.

This will wipe your settings etc so best to save anything you want to keep

cool thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same did my 910xt; the fix is:

go to https://connect.garmin.com/
select device settings
set distance = km
launch garmin express
launch synchronisation

no more stupid imperial units so far...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin edge 520 keeps on reverting to miles [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My forerunner 220 has been doing this lately as well and setting the units in Garmin connect didn't work for me. :( Everytime I plug it into my computer it gets reverted - very annoying!
Quote Reply