Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vector and Forerunner 310XT
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used this combination? I know the 310 won't support the left/right pedals (I assume you would just get total power).

There's not a lot of information I've found that specifically mentions the 310 with the Vector. All of the setup instructions I've found seem to be oriented more to the newer Edge devices. That being said, it is implied that the 310 will support the Vector.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector and Forerunner 310XT [MEW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MEW wrote:
Has anyone used this combination? I know the 310 won't support the left/right pedals (I assume you would just get total power).

There's not a lot of information I've found that specifically mentions the 310 with the Vector. All of the setup instructions I've found seem to be oriented more to the newer Edge devices. That being said, it is implied that the 310 will support the Vector.

On the Garmin Website for the Forerunner 310XT it says:

"Forerunner 310XT tracks your position precisely with GPS satellite data and records distance, pace, heart rate¹, power data (from ANT+™-enabled third-party power meters) and more."

The Vector set is ANT+ so it should work fine. As far as left right metrics, they could have applied an update to allow the 310XT to display it.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, it works fine; just no left/right. Check out DCRainmaker's review of the Vector; it talks about setting it up without a more advanced bike computer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently have the 310xt and vector setup. They work fine together except not giving the Left/Right readout. I have problems with cadence and power data dropping out though, which can skew data. Not sure if that's an issue with all 310 owners or just me specifically. I was going to upgrade to a 500 but the new 920xt has me intrigued.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You won't get left/right with the 310 and some other power related metrics such as TSS, NP or IF. However, it will capture all the data (other than left/right) and display it in your Garmin connect.
If you have a Vector, why not just spend a little more and get an EDGE 500? You should be able to get one for less than $150.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector and Forerunner 310XT [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
If you have a Vector, why not just spend a little more and get an EDGE 500? You should be able to get one for less than $150.

I can't swim or run with the Garmin Edge, at least not easily ;-) - not much for having multiple toys that all do the same thing.
Quote Reply