Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Tether
Quote | Reply
Anyone found a good solution to add a tether to a Garmin Edge 500/800?

I'm looking for a small loop I can add to the case to prevent it from being ejected when one of the tabs breaks (adhesive mount?). Some of the other Garmin models have loops molded into case but ones I have lack this feature.

My search of Home Depot and Lowe's yielded options that are far bigger than I was hoping to find. I don't have a good feel on how large the GoPro tether is, but that might be next option.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Tether [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a tether, but I would recommend a K Edge or Barfly mount. I can't imagine your Garmin getting launched from either one of those unless you are in a major crash.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Tether [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made my own with these.

Then I just thread it over my K-Edge mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
upgrade to a 510? It comes with a tether.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Tether [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattAune wrote:
upgrade to a 510? It comes with a tether.

Yep, my 510 came with a tether like the one pictured above. Nothing fancy. Works great. Just be sure to loop it around the bars and not the Garmin mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Tether [BeeSeeBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you just feed your tether loop under the washer? That's a great idea.

I've got plenty of narrow gauge cording, I just need a way to attach the cord to the Garmin that is going on a Bar Fly mount.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, just unscrewed the screw a little bit and tightened it back over the cord. I was originally worried it would be too bulky and not screw back in or be too weak, but it would definitely hold just fine if it needed ti.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Tether [BeeSeeBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never thought of this. Just ordered an 800 so I may look at ways of doing this. Especially when using on the MTB. One tends to fall or bounce off trees a lot, especially during a race. I launched my old 705 a few times (now use 910xt on the wrist).