Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin HRM running dynamics LR help
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Fenix 5 with the tri strap but now I don’t have LR dynamics. The hr still picks up but lost LR. I have tried an old hrm from my 620 and I get other dynamics but no LR.

Please help
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM running dynamics LR help [efntm1432] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean it was working, but just stopped, or you have a new strap?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM running dynamics LR help [Denizen of Deep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It w as working for a few months then a couple months ago stopped. I still get hr but no dynamics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure you are not just getting the HR from the Fenix wrist sensor? Do you see the HRM connect on the watch?
Last edited by: Denizen of Deep: Jan 20, 18 6:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took off the watch and still had HR as a test. And I have it right side up. The strap is not perfectly level just the way my body is but it worked 2 months ago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Troubleshooting Missing Running Dynamics on a Fitness Device
There are a number of possible causes for Running Dynamics to not appear as expected on your device. Please use the following guidelines to ensure that Running Dynamics will display on your device:
  1. Make sure your device is capable of displaying Running Dynamics information. Refer to the owner's manual to confirm that your device supports the Running Dynmics feature.
  2. Make sure you are using an HRM-Run 1st Gen., HRM-Run 2nd Gen., HRM-Tri, or Running Dynamics Pod. The HRM-Run modules have a silver "running man" icon on the front, and the HRM-Tri has silver "swimming man," "cycling man," "running man." Only HRM-Run and HRM-Tri modules measure and send out Running Dynamic information.
  3. Make sure your Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) is paired with your device. Please refer to the owner's manual for pairing instructions.
  4. If the device cannot find the HRM, or it finds it briefly and then the connection is lost, it could be that the battery on the HRM is low. Replace the battery in the HRM.
  5. If the device is paired, and you can see heart rate but not Running Dynamics, then it is most likely that the module is upside down1. To ensure that you are wearing the module in the correct orientation please confirm the following:
    1. The orientation of the Garmin logo on the module should match the orientation of the Garmin logo on the strap.
    2. The silver running logo should appear below the Garmin logo.

After ensuring the guidelines are met, you will see Running Dynamics on your device.
1If the HRM-Run/HRM-Tri is worn upside down, the device will be unable to track Pace and Distance when performing and Indoor Run activity. This will occur because the accelerometer data coming from the strap will take precedent over the accelerometer data from the watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked at it more and went to replace battery even though it’s only 6 months old. The case was cracked where one of the screws holds the case sweat and water go in and killed battery. New battery and it seams to work. So I covered it with silicone to keep water tight and I’ll worry about opening it next year to replace battery

Thanks everyone
Quote Reply