Quote | Reply
http://imgur.com/Zao4DPw

The internet is written in pen...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fitknight wrote:
Well, it was fun while it lasted...page is gone, and searching for the device yields no results (direct link fails, too). Hopefully we'll see more later this week! :)

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ultramike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like the red/white one would have been better if the band had been white with the red being the underlying color.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the fact that the lap & start buttons are on that slight angle. Every once in a while I manage to accidentally stop recording my activity because I have knocked the button against something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the 620 was bad, but that is a seriously ugly watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It certainly looks thinner. Hopefully battery life stays the same as previous generations, especially with the color screen.

Also, I was partial to the 910's button look's completely encased in the plastic/rubber coating as opposed to a "floating" button. It just looks more likely to stick/jam over time, but seeing how Garmin has been able to part me with my money at a gradually shortening interval, I might not keep it long enough for that to be an issue...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aw3 wrote:
I thought the 620 was bad, but that is a seriously ugly watch.

I agree...how could they roll out the red and white? No one at garmin winced at product review? The black and blue would be ok if you swap out the wrist strap for all black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder if RRS will be able to / "allowed" to honor the units they sold.
There were comments on the site where people had received confirmations of their orders so it was no joke as far as up to that point.
Would suck to order, think your an early adopter (for better or worse), and find out late in the game they aren't shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also noticed that the 5krunner seems highly motivated to get clicks. Out of curiosity is it just ego that he is after or does he get "something" for those clicks?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it looks very cool. Can't wait to order one. I just wish they would have made the main watch part all white and all black, then sell different colored bands if they were wanting to go the fashionable route. Solid black would have been my preference, but I will be close to the first in line when I can get my hands on this.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackCapets wrote:
It certainly looks thinner. Hopefully battery life stays the same as previous generations, especially with the color screen.

Although I am out of the market for a tri watch I am seriously disappointed with the color screen. If it is anything like the color screen in my 510 it will be hard to read under a lot of conditions without the backlight on. The backlight for the 510 absolutely smashes through the battery. Yet again I see garmin adding features that are interesting on paper but far miss the mark for what people will really use when training. A large, high contrast, easy to read screen should always be primary importance. This is the single feature drawing me to the SRM PC8 despite the insane price tag.

Also, VO2 max estimator!? I would struggle to come up with a more useless metric for triatheletes and their training. Inaccurate and unactionable metrics are just silly.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
Although I am out of the market for a tri watch I am seriously disappointed with the color screen. If it is anything like the color screen in my 510 it will be hard to read under a lot of conditions without the backlight on. The backlight for the 510 absolutely smashes through the battery. Yet again I see garmin adding features that are interesting on paper but far miss the mark for what people will really use when training. A large, high contrast, easy to read screen should always be primary importance.

x2

My Edge 510 only lasts 6-7 hours on the brightest display setting. On a sunny day it can be really hard to read, especially if I have small data fields on the screen or I am wearing sunglasses. I was disappointed to see a color screen on the 920xt.

Hopefully DCRainmaker does a thorough review of the screen in bright conditions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The technology/components used for 920XT color screen should be same as that of 620 or 220 considering the fact that many manufacturers go for the same vendor/supplier. Based on reviews and user feedback on various forums it sounds like 620 is barely readable under bright daylight or while wearing sunglasses. Multiple fields should make it even harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [zero0db] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  I did just buy a bight yellow and blue bike that the bike shop manger said would be the ugliest bike in town! So maybe i am not the best judge, but I am the only one that likes the potential colors on the 920? Who wants a all black watch! So boring.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [nebeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That should be a speed of light watch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is that large "Garmin" at the bottom of the screen part of the screen and can it be used for display purposes or have they deliberately cut the size of the screen down and have a doofus area at the bottom that "could" be screen taken up with their name?

At this point I kind of like the Blue but we'll see. Also, IF the battery life will last long enough with the colour screen AND it can be seen in bright sunlight like we currently have here in Cozumel then that'll be fine but if you can't read the face with the potential 4 data fields (more would be nice) then it is sorta useless, a high contrast, lower energy consuming B&W would be better if that were the case.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6-7 hours on the brightest setting is pretty good, mine will only last for 4-5 hours on the brightest setting. The 510 was the biggest mistake i have made, should have just stayed with the 500. I also have a 310xt that has never had a problem, great battery, and always accurate......unlike the issues with the 910. Then garmin comes out with this massive edge 1000 that does nothing that my phone cannot do or my 500. Seems garmin is on a downward trend.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes does appear to pushing his own agenda. Looks like he might have got into some trouble - a quick cut and paste from slow twitch...

http://the5krunner.com/2014/09/22/its-here-garmin-920xt-pre-release-insight/

and the cached version

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7XBz3TNnAcsJ:the5krunner.com/2014/09/22/its-here-garmin-920xt-pre-release-insight/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe the5krunner and dcrainmaker disagreed on something?

https://twitter.com/...s/514090560630849539

But that's off-topic. Really looking forward to the 920. Too bad it doesn't have optical heart rate, though. Would love to get rid of the chest strap, but guess I could go for the Mio Link together with the 920.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [antialias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reckon DC might have told him to be professional and allow companies to release products when they originally intended to. Agree really looking forward to this one. Looks like a good update from the 910.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys I'm the first to admit the general awesomeness of DC's site. I put a link on his site and some of the leaked 920 info. My bad. hands up guilty. etc. DCR was nice, I'm sure he's an all-round super-nice person and I'v certainly benefitted form some of his in-depth reviews as much as you.

I make pennies from our site. We love doing it. Maybe I do have an ego (rapidly deflating I hasten to add :-) ) It actually COSTS US money to do the proper reviews of real products that I get my hands on. We have to pay for the return postage (although not with Polar).

I have re-worded the 920XT stuff to make it abundantly clear that the info comes from a few collated sources and that I have not got my hands on a 920. I said words to that effect in the original post in any case - I'm sure someone will check that! And I hope it's true (pretty sure)

I have no NDA with any manufacturer

If I can dig out and collate leaked info...that's OK isn't it? I've certainly found the info personally interesting and I can't be alone in that interest, surely?

I'm not an evil person honest, I can name at least 3 people that think I'm quite nice (well maybe it's down to 2 now). Be nice. Live happy :-)

@IMBASEL - Garmin was one of the sources of the leaked info eg the PRICING!!....maybe they meant to do it? Maybe a Garmin employee or two made a mistake? What is written on a few forums I suspect will not affect Garmin's release plans one iota. It could all be a big hoax don't forget...not unknown in the digital world. One of the best sources of info on Garmin new products is the Garmin | Into Sports Blog...it often comes out first there!
Last edited by: the5krunner: Sep 23, 14 6:09
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [zero0db] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if you can make the replacement colors band for the 910xt work on the 910xt with the quick release mount that attached on the back of it?
I've love to be able to get the blue band.

Barb
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried that on the QR mount but looking at the pictures of the screws on QR I think it should be possible. (FYI: I sold my 910XT with the bands & QR kit recently.)
Quote Reply

Prev Next