Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday
Quote | Reply
Does anyone think it's likely that Garmin will allow the Fenix 3 to be discounted by retailers for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [TommySnark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know but I did go out and hunt for Fenix 3 deals and listed the best one I found on 3dealz.com from a trusted eBay seller. 23% off with free shipping. That's just as good as the other ones out there. The current Garmin deals are probably as good as they will get.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 920xt is currently "on sale" at 329USD (REI, CT, etc.). However, a few Canadian retailers have a similar price (449CAD, at 1.35 exchange it's about the same)) - I was told this new price is permanent by one retailer. My employee discount on the 920XT would also seem to indicate that this price drop is permanent.

I see nothing on the Fenix 3 at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would move on the 920XT deal, but would really prefer the Fenix 3. I just know that Garmin often prevents online retailers from including certain models in their "20/30 percent off everything" sales. I'm hoping that the Fenix 3, having been released almost 10 months ago, won't be excluded from the Black Friday festivities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are an REI member you could try using the current promo, 20% off any single full priced item using 15FALLMEM.

I don't know if there is any specific exemption for the fenix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for Fenix 3 deals too but need to sell my 920xt 1st.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgarson wrote:
If you are an REI member you could try using the current promo, 20% off any single full priced item using 15FALLMEM.

I don't know if there is any specific exemption for the fenix.

REI excludes "devices with GPS technology" and a bunch of other restrictions. I think the Kickr is the best "deal" at REI.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you are correct and that the Garmin 920 has a permanent price drop to $329. Does that imply a Garmin 930 is in the near future?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It only seems to point that way (price point), I might be wrong, but usually my employee discount doesn't budge when there is a sale (the store cost for the item is not changed). Now, my discount has changed, which would seem to indicate the cost has been lowered as well. It might be a fluke though... I really have no idea for an upgrade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll see promo pricing for

Forerunner 10, 15, 220, 225, 620, Vivo Smart, Vivofit 2, VivoActive

New and arriving in stores now is 230, 235, 630

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ralph20 wrote:
Assuming you are correct and that the Garmin 920 has a permanent price drop to $329. Does that imply a Garmin 930 is in the near future?

I'd expect a 930 with heart rate integrated in the band is due in a year or so, only from history and timing - I have no info on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that Garmin announced discount on 920XT and couple of other models, does that automatically mean that there will be no Fenix 3 deal for Thanksgiving, or they might announce some more?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an opinion on what is better for triathlete who also loves to trail run and hike - Suunto Core or the Garmin?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [gkartashov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gkartashov wrote:
Now that Garmin announced discount on 920XT and couple of other models, does that automatically mean that there will be no Fenix 3 deal for Thanksgiving, or they might announce some more?

My guess is they might have some deal but honestly the deal from the eBay seller I posted earlier is as good and probably better than you will see from Garmin. Unless you are looking at different colors than grey.

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fenix 3 isn't great whilst hiking, it seems that the GPS accuracy is very sensitive to the position of the watch whilst it's in use.

Cycling with it strapped to your bars and facing the sky it's brilliant, running with your arms up by your side it can be a bit sketchy but generally good, hiking with your arms down by your waist it can be a bit all-over-the-shop.

Whether this will be improved with future firmware updates is anyone's guess, but as far as GPS traces go, the Fenix 3 certainly has room for improvement. Having said that, I use mine for swimming, cycling and running on a daily basis and I'm very happy with it. Loads of cool features and receives regular (monthly) firmware updates to iron out minor issues and introduce new features. I can't comment on the Suunto.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
gkartashov wrote:

My guess is they might have some deal but honestly the deal from the eBay seller I posted earlier is as good and probably better than you will see from Garmin. Unless you are looking at different colors than grey.

According to Garmin website http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html its unclear if they would warranty the purchase. They indicate not eligible if purchase through "online auction". Is a "Buy it Now" ebay purchase considered "online auction" or original retailer. The warranty page says nothing about authorized retailer.

Anyone have experience here.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
Tri Nut wrote:
gkartashov wrote:

According to Garmin website http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html its unclear if they would warranty the purchase. They indicate not eligible if purchase through "online auction". Is a "Buy it Now" ebay purchase considered "online auction" or original retailer. The warranty page says nothing about authorized retailer.

Anyone have experience here.

Per Garmin: "Buy It Now sales from legitimate stores on eBay do offer the full Garmin product warranty. Products that are purchased from eBay auctions are not covered by Garmin warranty." here is the link to FAQ page

The seller does mention a 1-year warranty in their description.

Last edited by: Tri Nut: Nov 18, 15 8:56
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tri Nut. I only read that page and hadn't looked for a FAQ.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 and Black Friday [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jon wrote:
Anyone have an opinion on what is better for triathlete who also loves to trail run and hike - Suunto Core or the Garmin?

I don't think Core is suitable at all for triathlon; I'm assuming you meant Ambit.

I just made the move from Ambit to 920. I would not recommend the Ambit as a triathlon watch. It's really a hiking watch with a multisport mode tacked on. It's better than other smaller brands (Tomtom, Timex, etc.) but there are so many quirks to Suunto that it saps the excitement from it after a while. Not to mention that the Movescount website blows terribly when compared to Polar and Garmin (though I wouldn't use either to replace TP, anyway).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fenix 3 100$ off deal!
details

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/11/kickoff-withings-scales.html
Quote Reply