Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Fenix 2 Help
Quote | Reply
I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions about this watch as it has a LOT more features than the 910xt, but here is the first one;

How do I set the watch to maximize battery life and ONLY function as a watch? I want to turn off GPS and Bluetooth and Ant+.

The manual states that when the watch is NOT in an activity, it goes into clock mode, but my battery is still going quickly, so something must be running in the background.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 2 Help [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Set the bluetooth to be turned on on demand (I forget what the real "word" is but that's the idea). This way it only is activated when you are syncing with your phone. I leave GPS and ANT with the defaults and everything is fine, they just get activated when doing an activity.

Let me know if you need the path for that option, I can go get my watch and check it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 2 Help [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you could that would be great. I have tried finding anything about settings for Bluetooth, but all I find is the setting to pair it with something.

Menu-settings-Bluetooth- (that's when it wants to pair with something)

Exhausted already.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 2 Help [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Menu->Settings->Bluetooth->Connection->Manual Sync

That's weird, for what you say you haven't pair it with anything... maybe, just try to pair it to your phone and then change the connection to manual sync.
I haven't use it for a week and it is still at 75% of battery.

If it still your battery depletes fast, charge it to 100% and then do a full reset. And if that still doesn't fix anything, I'd contact garmin support. Or check the forum, maybe someone has the same problem:
https://forums.garmin.com/...play.php?468-fenix-2
Quote Reply