Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Edge 800 Calibration Readings for Quarq S975
Quote | Reply
I'm generally good with running the calibrate function on my Garmin Edge 800 for my Quarq S975. Its a GXP crank, but with a BB30 adapter on my Caad10.

I remember the readings being in the 300's, but saw it hit 700/800. Didn't think much of it. Tried again while moving, with my weight on the pedal somewhat, and got the 300 reading I was expecting. Was stopped at a light, and ran it again out of curiosity. I got a number in the 700's, wasn't paying attention and started my interval.

The head unit was saying I was hitting 200 watts barely, but it felt like it was much worse. I reran the calibrate function and was in the 300's again. The difference with the 300 numbers when there was some kind of torque on the pedal, ie. foot resting down somewhat. The numbers seemed regular after that.

Question is, with the readings doing this, is it time to send it in to get checked out? Over thinking this or doing something wrong at the start of my ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Edge 800 Calibration Readings for Quarq S975 [gohmdoree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do the calibrate, clipped out, with the crank on drive side at 6 o'clock.

If you are getting weird numbers, maybe try re-torquing the bolts.

If you want to calibrate when clipped in, pedal backwards 5 times. Maybe 4, I don't remember, but 5 is safe.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Edge 800 Calibration Readings for Quarq S975 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks will try this tomorrow.
Quote Reply