Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Connect IQ Apps for W' Bal and/or dFRC
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any recommendations for a Garmin Connect IQ app for real-time feedback on W' Bal and/or delta FRC?

I just read a post on Mark Liversedge's blog that details some of the maths involved and perhaps it's not surprising that there aren't many out there as it sounds extremely complicated!

I had a quick search on the Connect IQ store and whilst there are a few for W' balance, there are none that explicitly reference "Functional Reserve Capacity"; is this because of a trademark/licensing issue of this particular term?

I know they are similar concepts, but can anyone give me an idiot's guide to the difference between the two?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect IQ Apps for W' Bal and/or dFRC [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the W'Bal CIQ field a while back, at the time it was too buggy to be of any use (didn't save settings correctly, so you'd end up with default values). Maybe they've fixed that by now, I dunno.

For FRC, I don't think the math exists to calculate realtime recovery for FRC, so a garmin field wouldn't really make sense (it would only ever show FRC dropping, not going back up as you recovered). I think the argument from the WKO4 folks is that there are way too many assumptions being made about recovery in the W'Bal model for it to be valid/useful, so they don't try to model realtime recovery for FRC.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect IQ Apps for W' Bal and/or dFRC [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the W'Bal as well but couldn't figure out how to change the parameters to my own and I gave up, mainly cuz it really wasn't that important to me and I've put a lot of time on my MTB which doesn't have a PM anyway.
Quote Reply