Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 935-Not impressed so far
Quote | Reply
Screen size is way smaller than expected. It has a big black border on the screen, about 2 to 4 millimeters wide and then the screen is incredibly dim. I went online to figure how to adjust and it appears it is set low and I can't.

I have no idea why they ditched the the square face for the round face, then took a huge section of the screen away.

If you are in the market for the 935, look at it thoroughly before buying. I'm pretty disappointed with this "upgrade". I love my 920. I wish they would have just added the HR sensor and called it a day.

Is the fenix 5x the same?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935-Not impressed so far [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call 800-800-1020 (Garmin Technical Support) on Monday and talk to an expert on the device. A real, live human being who speaks English as a first language will walk you through this. I have called dozens of times over the decades on multiple devices and have been satisfied

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935-Not impressed so far [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Backlight! Read the manual about the backlight.

And if you didn't like the screen why buy it?

TBH I do miss my 920's square screen. I'm unconvinced by the who tell me the 935 has a better display as that is not my experience. I'm also not a fan of all the'fluff' on the 935. In a bid to be all things to all people Garmin have made a device that is mediocre for most.

That said, I bought the 935 knowing most of this because I'm a fan of new. Sometimes, new is not necessarily better than old. The 935 is a good device, but I'd prefer to have my 920 back.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935-Not impressed so far [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought based on reviews and pics...all with shots that show a bright and clear screen. Not the case in person.

I am glad I kept my 920.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a 910xt previously, and I LOVE my 935

My favorite sports watch of all time by a huge margin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me neither, turned mine in for a Fenix 5.the 935 felt like a cheap timex. love the Fenix 5.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935-Not impressed so far [zaboaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I absolutely LOVE the 935.

It made buying another 920 for my wife so much cheaper. (To match with mine that I wouldn't give up for the 935)

Agree with another poster; would like HR in the watch. Don't want a round face.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sold my Fenix 3 HR (far too bulky - I wear as an all-day everyday watch) to get the 935 and I love it - so slim and light.

friends have the Fenix 5 and Fenix 5S so I tried those extensively (borrowed each for 72 hours) before buying the 935 and haven't regretted my decision.

I have never had a square faced garmin, as I say I wear it as my everyday watch and I think a square watch would scream "middle aged triathlete" a little too loud ; )
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935-Not impressed so far [zaboaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zaboaa wrote:
Me neither, turned mine in for a Fenix 5.the 935 felt like a cheap timex. love the Fenix 5.

Yeah I went for the F5, the 935 felt and looked very cheap. Love the F5, looks like a normal watch, feels solid and sturdy, battery life is awesome. No issues with brightness. I thought I'd be bothered by a circular screen after having a 920 and 935, but I'm fine with it. Although I think the 920 was a bit easier to read with 4 data fields. I only use two on my main screen though so no bother. It's heavier than the 920, but you don't notice it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If any Chattanooga area scuba diving triathletes want a free one, a 3 week old one with a green quick release strap may be on the bottom of the river midway between the up river turn buoy and first up river yellow buoy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To each his own. I've had my 935 since shortly after it was released. I personally love it. I prefer the round face and the light is plenty bright enough for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite Garmin watch by far, from form factor, to weight, and function. I wear it 99% of the time. It's off my wrist for showers and charging only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somewhat related:

Does anyone rent or demo Garmins? I would like to try the 935 and F5 out for myself. I love my 920, but the battery is starting to die just a little bit faster each year. I don't expect it will get to the finish line of my next ultra. And I am not using UltraTrac mode. That sucks.

Brian

Quote Reply