Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920xt and power tap calibration query
Quote | Reply
Help please
New Garmin 920xt and new power tap GS wheel . All paired up , bike ridden and power recording
On my old 910xt and power tap G3 before every ride the Garmin would ask if I wanted to calibrate
I would confirm yes , spin the pedals and calibration screen would show data

This did not happen today with 920

Any advise please
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt and power tap calibration query [na555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I learned this just a couple days ago but you don't need to calibrate because the powertap zeros itself pretty much every time you coast. You can do manual zero's in the settings of the wireless devices / powertap. You can check the calibration accuracy by gauging how much torque is being applied with an online calculator, but it takes care of itself.

Thank you for response . So this has changed from 910 to 920 ? I.e no calibration will display now on 920
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
na555 wrote:
Thank you for response . So this has changed from 910 to 920 ? I.e no calibration will display now on 920
I don't know about the 920 but the 500 used to have this feature as well but it was removed for some reason on the 520. Also removed a shortcut where you press the power key to get to a calibration screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
na555 wrote:

that is correct. it won't ask you, you have to go in and do it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt and power tap calibration query [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
How do I go into the 920 to calibrate the power tap please
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
na555 wrote:
Thank you
How do I go into the 920 to calibrate the power tap please

There is a shortcut - if you are in "Bike Mode" and the Powertap is connected simply press and hold the "three dots" button (bottom left on the watch) and it will give you the calibration menu.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
once you are in the biking profile and the power meter has connected, pressing the bottom key on the left side (the label is three little dots) you will see a Calibrate Power option
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt and power tap calibration query [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply