Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920xt Sensor Connect Issues
Quote | Reply
Hello - I currently own (and have owned for almost 12 months) the Forerunner 920xt. Previously I used the 910xt, so I am very familiar with the platform. Recently, the 920xt has had issues connecting to any and all sensors. I have the Stages Power Meter and the Garmin speed/cadence sensor. I have had no issues connecting these sensors previously but am now not able to connect to anything. I have tried using both Search All and searching by both power and s/c. No issues connecting either of these sensors to my computer via an ANT+ dongle.

All firmware is updated across the board. Any thoughts or reasons why this wouldn't be working? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Arnie
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt Sensor Connect Issues [mplstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem, garmin ended up replacing it. Currently having the same problem with my 520.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this issue after I updated firmware and a simple reboot of the watch worked. If that doesn't then take it back to the point of purchase or contact Garmin.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been having the same problem. I just got the 920 so I have been using it alongside a 220 to compare, with both using the same sensors. Lots of drops on the 920.

Same situation on the bike. 500 and 920, the 500 is 100% and the 920 drops a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too am currently having the same issue of my 920 not picking up either of my speed sensors (new speed sensor and older gsc10). After a few back and for email exchanges I called into Garmin support and spent almost an hour going through every possible fix. In the end they had me download and send in my Garmin folders from both my 520 (no issue finding the sensors) and 920. I've been told that within two weeks they will have a solution for me or they will have me send my 920 in for replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt Sensor Connect Issues [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much teeth pulling did it take them to replace the unit? Seems that they'll do everything in their power (which they should) before replacing a product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started with email and I bounced around 4-5 emails where they had be try different things. I finally got frustrated and called them and said, "listen, I have a quarq, 2 powertaps and two HR straps and my BT phone that were all previously paired and now won't pair. Several have new batteries and they all pair with my 500/520 just fine. I've reset the unit twice, it just doesn't work." Once he realized I knew what I was talking about, he put me on hold for about 30 seconds and came back and said they would send out a new one that day. They didn't even send me a refurb, they sent me a brand new one.

Now I need to go through the same thing with my 520, I've been putting it off for weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*Update

Contacted Garmin which seemed eager to help. However, the unit was purchased at REI - brought it back to them and easily got a replacement due to the unit not working. Tested the new 920xt last night and easily connected to all sensors (power meter, trainer, hrm).

Looks like others are having issues with connectivity, if so - I'd recommend attempting to get a replacement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
I had the same problem, garmin ended up replacing it. Currently having the same problem with my 520.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same problem with mine...I would get intermittent connectivity to sensors, including my HRM. Contacted Garmin, they looked at my Garmin Connect data while I was on the phone with support, confirmed the issue and had a new one in the mail the same day. All in all a smooth process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the Garmin device and phone fail to reconnect after 1-2 minutes:
Remove the Garmin Device completely
Android and Windows Phone:
Touch and hold on the Garmin Device on the Garmin Devices screen
Touch Remove Device or Remove
Touch Add Device
Follow guided pairing process
For more assistance support check Garmin 920xt Manual.
Quote Reply