Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 910xt freeze up?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

So all was going well with my new Garmin 910 until this morning upon returning from my three hour bike ride. The last couple of weeks have been great as it has recorded and uploaded my data with ease.

Today, however, all went well during the ride, but upon returning and bringing the 910 within proximity of my computer the device "locked-up" with nothing but "Transferring Data" being reflected on the device screen.

I have tried everything from rebooting my computer, pressing and holding every button on the 910, and removing the device far from my computer. My thought now is to simply allow the battery to die with the hope that upon a recharge the problem would go away.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,

Tippy
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt freeze up? [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had the same issue this morning. Hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn it off then turn it back on. I deleted my history just in case that was an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt freeze up? [damansheehan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, you are awesome.

That did the trick!

I hope to help you down the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone still having issues w/ the 910xt showing inaccurate paces while running? I downloaded the recent Garmin updates about a week ago, but am still having issues. While the pace bounces all over the place during my run workouts, the total mileage always seems to be correct at the end of my workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this. Just happened to me; did what you said and it worked like a charm. ST saves the day again!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worked for me as well
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt freeze up? [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had the same happen after an open water swim. Many thanks for the tip - worked fine for me too.

God bless ST

Cheers
Adrian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just had the same problem with it freezing up during data transfer. Glad this was popped up during a GIS.

http://www.slstri.com/

Join us January 30th, 2016 for our
Second Annual Snow Flurry Scurry
http://www.lostrivercave.com/snow-flurry-scurry/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is times like this that I am reminded of the great joys of these sorts of forums.

Thank you, the tip worked for me as well.

"Find a way, not an excuse". Goony, Kona, 2009
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt freeze up? [teaandstuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, hopefully I'm reciprocating with a useful tip as well ...

After I rebooted the 910xt, the data still wasn't transmitting to my computer.

So I took the USB ANT stick out of the computer, reinserted it and it uploaded without drama.

As they say in the classics, good times and great rock and roll.

"Find a way, not an excuse". Goony, Kona, 2009
Quote Reply