Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin 910xt-software update, now worse [Panabax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the swim function for the first time this morning and thought it was horrible. Possibly because it was losing the satellite signal during the swim. Did yours keep the satellite connection through your entire swim? The pool I use is in an LA Fitness and they have a window at one end but not the other and I would lose signal at the far end of the pool. I was disappointed as it was telling me my strokes per length was 6. Now that would be awesome if it were true but I know I was averaging around 17 SPL. It also added a few lengths to the number I actually swam. It is pretty sad that I cannot even use it to count laps for me.

Someone else mentioned the 910XT losing distance especially on trails and I had the same problem. I did a 50K (31 miles) a couple of weeks ago and lost close to a full mile on the run. My distance showed 30.08 whereas a all of my friends were right around 31 using 305's and 310xt's.

I am very disappointed in this GPS. I have been a huge fan of Garmin products in the past but they really dropped the ball on this one.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt-software update, now worse [TheNoid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why were you using the GPS function in the pool? There is an option for "Pool Swim" which is far more accurate for swimming laps. In the 8 swims I've done with the 910xt, it has only added about 125 yards total. Most of the time it is because I did something like adjust a pull buoy or stopped and didn't push the lap button before moving my arm.

Any GPS will be affected by blocking access to the sky, but again, I ran a half marathon a few weekends ago that was 90% tree covered and had no issues with locating satellites or missing distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt-software update, now worse [TheNoid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol!

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt-software update, now worse [Carlton Bale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try 'Hard Reset' after the update. My instant pace was like that prior but is ok now. Still not as rock solid as the 305 but then the smoothing option has not been added yet.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next