Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 800 randomly changing data settings
Quote | Reply
my garmin in a couple of years old and recently while riding it will randomly change the data setting - like the current trip miles will change to the unit's cumulative miles. Anyone have this issue and know a quick fix? If I turn it off/on, it corrects for a ride or two.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 800 randomly changing data settings [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. This happens to me all the time. I always wondered if it wa just me or if others also experienced this. At first I thought that maybe I was doing this unintentionally and somehow toucing the screen a few times by mistake. But then it would happen mid ride without touching anything. Vey annoying.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 800 randomly changing data settings [mjengstrom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is a PITA for sure...but at least it retains the actual ride data (at least so far).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bringing this back around - are mjengstrom and I the only ones with this issue?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't gotten around to putting a magnet for my SRM on one of my bikes, so I'm used to seeing a blank in the "Wattage 3s" field... but the other day, it was showing "Calories Burned" instead of "Wattage 3s". I don't think I did it by accident! Maybe you guys are on to something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using a Garmin 800 for 2+ years now on multiple bikes. I haven't had any of my displayed data fields change on me on their own.

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It happens infrequently, but my data fields do tend to get bored every so often and change places and bring in new friends.

Its usually just one data point on one or two screens that deceide to wander.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply