Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 520 question
Quote | Reply
On my 520 I frequently will get a text message or sometimes strava segments will pop up. I can't figure out what button to push to get back to viewing my data screen and get rid of the text or segment info...anyone know how?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 520 question [fxjeffrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny I cant get either. I have a fenix too so maybe that is why but dont see it. I do see my phone is connected but how do you toggle it on or off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it works for Strava segments, but when I get a text, I press the "down" button on the lower left of the unit. It makes the text disappear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are two different actions. A text or phone pop-up is like a window on the screen. Click the back button on the lower right size.

A Strava segment is a new temporary data screen. For that, you use the up/down buttons on the lower left side.

Edit: rewrote original response after thinking about it more...
Last edited by: exxxviii: May 23, 17 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 520 question [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 That's just what I was looking for, thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 520 question [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Funny I cant get either. I have a fenix too so maybe that is why but dont see it. I do see my phone is connected but how do you toggle it on or off?

When you add the 520 in your phones Bluetooth devices you have to do it twice - 1 time is called BT_Edge 520 which syncs the phone for workouts and live tracking. The other is BLE_Edge 520 and that gets you the texts and messages to appear as pop ups while riding.

Like someone said clear those with the back button on lower right.
Quote Reply