Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 510 issue
Quote | Reply
Has any other Edge (510 specifically) users had a problem with it resetting on its own and wiping out all the data and profile info. This morning after working fine for a 30 min warm up on the trainer I could not press the "Ride" button. I could stop and stop the unit but could not display any data related to the ride. I found out that all my profiles (bike, user, activity) and all the sensors were gone. It was like the unit was fresh out of the box.

There is a 10 page topic over at the Garmin forums with a lot of folks having the same problem, but not one response from a Garmin rep acknowledging the issue or offering any explanations. Anyone here experience something similar?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 issue [brianb10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue. Mine ran out of battery just before the end of a long ride. Turned it on when I got home and it had saved the file but wiped my bike profiles and activity screens to default. Haven't tried to re-install software though. Not cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't had that problem. Have had a hard lock up and had to reload software. About once a month or so, it shuts down about 10 minutes into a ride. Thoug it had quit doing it, but nope di it again Tuesday. grumble grumble.

Other than that, I like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exact same issues as described. Lost a 90 minute race prep ride I really did not want to lose last week so it looks like I will be backing everything up with the 910 for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, but there is a slight delay in retrieving the latest ride summary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1

and it is rather annoying that garmin as not not acknowledged this on their forum. I'm pretty sure it's a v2.9 firmware issue with the 510, as that is the common issue we all have.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Last edited by: philly1x: Apr 13, 14 4:45
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 issue [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I sent a message to Garmin support over the weekend and finally got a response today. I got a lengthy explanation on how to back up and restore your data from a backup. It's like they didn't even read the question because I never asked how to preform a backup. Still no acknowledgment of a problem or that customers are experiencing an issue. This is very disappointing and frustrating. I understand that they may be stumped on what in the 2.9 update caused all this but just ignoring it and treating customers like they are stupid in the meantime is pretty unprofessional IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 issue [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

sold mine. got tired of it. had the latest version. It always hangs up whenever live tracking is used connect to iphone. sigh! so frustrating i bought it because of livetracking in the 1st place and it wont work since i upgraded the FW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had same problem, and tried to resolve by updating, re customizing etc. Spent a lot of time, only to have it do it a second and third time within a three week period. One of the answers by a user on the Garmin forum was to reformat the 510 and completely reload the software (w v2.9) I did this and have not had another problem (fingers crossed, knock on wood)

Very frustrating that they continue to have problems generation after generation of their units. Makes mr wish I had gotten a different brand head unit, but hoping for no more issues!
Quote Reply