Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 510 Race Issues - No Power / HR Data
Quote | Reply
So my Garmin 510 has mostly worked the last couple of years. I upgraded to firmware 3.50. Since then I've had issues during races.

During training rides it works fine. I turn everything on and shortly (minutes) I get riding and it sees/displays my HR and power data (Quarq) fine.

My typical raceday setup is to turn on my Garmin 510 before the race (it sees my HR and Quarq power meter fine). Then I do all my pre-race stuff and do the swim. Depending on the race (issue has shown up on both a half ironman and ironman race) I come back from the swim, get on the bike and then I have no power or HR data on the Garmin 510. My Garmin 920XT watch still sees both (so Power meter and HR strap are working). During a half ironman race, 40-50 minutes into the race, the HR data started showing up on the Garmin 510. 60-70 minutes into the race, the power data started showing up. Racing IMLP last weekend, the HR data showed up like 2 hours into the bike and the power data never showed up.

This race setup use to work just fine. Anyone else have this issue and a fix? Seems like a power saving feature on the 510 that I don't think I have turned on (or could turn on). I have the auto power off feature turned off.

Thanks,

- C
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 Race Issues - No Power / HR Data [creese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue in my last race.. would love to hear a solution... right now my plan is to leave to computer off and turn it on as the bike starts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to me in IMAZ - I even got a weird "Extended Profile" screen that mysteriously appeared. I switched to using a 500 for the bike on race day and haven't had issues.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to me in a local sprint tri. I restarted the Edge 510 and reconnected the sensors while on the bike. This helped get HR and power back.

At the subsequent 70.3 and Olympic everything worked well although I didn't do anything differently.

I haven't figured out what the problem was/is...
Quote Reply