Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 510 Can't find Power Meter
Quote | Reply
My Garmin 510 has been pairing fine with my Quarq power meter all season. Put the power meter on my new road bike last week. Tried it out on the trainer and worked fine. Went our for a ride today and the 510 couldn't find the power meter. Moved the magnet closer to the crank, no luck. Replaced the battery, no luck. Pedaled backwards a few times, got 2 red lights, means power meter is working but no head unit paired. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 Can't find Power Meter [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worse case scenario: take it to your LBS for checking. This is how one of my myriad problems with my Quarq manifested itself.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 Can't find Power Meter [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the magnet.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 Can't find Power Meter [KonaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
find the LBS that is a quarq dealer
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 Can't find Power Meter [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it to work somehow. Checked the troubleshooting on the Quarq site. Said sometimes it pairs quicker when wearing a HR strap. Put the HR strap on and turned on the Garmin. It didn't find the HR sensor but all of a sudden it found the power meter. Weird but it's working.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 510 Can't find Power Meter [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. That would be a good idea. Fortunately it seems to have been resolved. I wouldn't wish my misadventures with folks in Spearfish, SD on anyone.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply